New Opeth album and track titles revealed

But... The Baying of The Hounds is amazing!? You fail!
3:20-6:30 is like magic!..
The adrenalinerush from 5:30-6:30 makes you go :hotjump:
The whole song is just incredible imo.

I never fail. I'll give the song a couple of shots though so I hopefully can whine some more. If the parts grow on me i'm out of this thread :lol:

Hmm.. I think the song just turns me off in the first two mins somehow. The growls are great obviously but nothing really happens at all on guitar. The cleans at two mins are also pretty uninteresting for being Opeth imo.

Edit: I do like the part around 4 mins a whole lot though with the kinda arabic chords and the clean vocs. Cool bass as well.

The Chronology show in Chicago was far beyond anything I had ever expected, I wish that was recorded as the Opeth live album instead of the UK show. It contained more songs obviously, and was absolute perfection.
I attended that show. Still, to this day, the BEST concert i've ever seen. I wish they recorded it for DVD.
And yes I am highly anticipating new material.

Hmm.. I think the song just turns me off in the first two mins somehow. The growls are great obviously but nothing really happens at all on guitar. The cleans at two mins are also pretty uninteresting for being Opeth imo.

Edit: I do like the part around 4 mins a whole lot though with the kinda arabic chords and the clean vocs. Cool bass as well.

Its such an 'epic' song. That clean middle bit is alot different to the normal opeth stuff and is a great build up. the only shit thing is the first clean vocals and When it goes acoustic at the end. completely unneccesary iyam

The Baying of the hounds is perfect the way it is. The Deep Purple-ish keys add an uplifting, beautiful vibe to the song. The normal vocals are full of life during the entire song...the ripping riff before the hair-raising solo just makes my jaw drop every time.

The ending is what i like the most about the song actually, the romantic acoustic passage is completely devoured by some mighty riffs, not counting the marvelous 9:45/10:20 part..all in all Baying of the Hounds just rules.

It doesnt at all. from the clean section the rest of the song is built around that motif, there is predictable and then there is random.. also to the guy above you, those first chords from the heavy riff arent actually replayed throughout the entire song. And its clearly demonstrated in the rest of the song that from that clean part that is the main theme of the song and the riffs after are built around it. If the song started on that clean part it would be one of/if not my favourite peth song.

bracing myself for a 'YEAb ut opethss dont make typicol Song strukturas, ur jus not as intelluctally supieroers to listen to it propuarly' response.

Don't need to get all defensive (like in the last part of your post). You are just stating your opinion as a fact maybe? if not...what is your idea of a good intro?

like i said, if they started the song off with the acoustic part it would be a perfect song iyam

Well, you certainly make more sense now. At first I thought you just dissed the very first cleanpart.

I would almost agree with you on that structual thing. But I think the intro is good enough to sacrifice som of the structural greatness.

I think "Watershed" is an awesome title. Probably, and most likely having this meaning:

Watershed, a moment or event separating two distinct periods of time, a momentous event that alters the course of history

It could be a pun on what Mikael thinks this album will do for Opeth as we know it hehehe.