New Opeth album cover

Bummer about the lack of harsh vocals, but considering how Akerfeldt's sounding lately, it makes total sense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9O1G0Acvs

I've seen this link everywhere lately and with a same kind of comments about the vocals. Honestly, every vocalist will have a bad day at some point, be it because of sickness, too much touring, what ever. Still, I kind of like this sound more than the "safe and professional" growling he's done ever since BWP, for me it's always more interesting when I listen something and I have to think if the voice is going to fall apart or not, as it sounds so edge of it. Still, I'd prefer vocals, that he did on Orchid and Morningrise, somewhat higher pitch than the records after it.

Interested to hear the new album, I think the best tracks on the previous album were Coil and Burden, so stylewise this sounds more interesting, than anything after Still Life.

for me, if the album is really sounds like that they said in preview. I will be highly interested. I always think Mike has that old 70's progs vibe.
if they really make a album in that way, I believe it would be kick ass.

the album cover, it might not impress most of the metal heads but somehow, I really liked the album cover and after reading the a little review of the album, the cover make perfect sense.

honestly, since after ghost reveries, I nearly lost interest in Opeth (I was a super fan)
Ghost reveries and Watershed was really disappointing to me :(
I really hope this one would be a great album

As per usual with Opeth, there's not much you can do but wait and see what the album actually sounds like. I don't know how you can be a fan of deliverance and not Ghost Reveries man, but there's VERY little they've done that I haven't loved. If they put out a whole entire album that sounds like Burden, I'd be SUPER stoked.

for me, if the album is really sounds like that they said in preview. I will be highly interested. I always think Mike has that old 70's progs vibe.
if they really make a album in that way, I believe it would be kick ass.

the album cover, it might not impress most of the metal heads but somehow, I really liked the album cover and after reading the a little review of the album, the cover make perfect sense.

honestly, since after ghost reveries, I nearly lost interest in Opeth (I was a super fan)
Ghost reveries and Watershed was really disappointing to me :(
I really hope this one would be a great album

Thats weird that you would be disappointed with Watershed, but then also be looking forward to this... I'd say out of all of the albums', Watershed has the most blatant 70's prog rock elements in it thus far IMO.

cyril_v said:
Thats weird that you would be disappointed with Watershed, but then also be looking forward to this... I'd say out of all of the albums', Watershed has the most blatant 70's prog rock elements in it thus far IMO.

Agreed. It's definitely been a progression, it's odd to hear you don't like the two latest but like the natural evolution of them