NEW Opeth Album

I just don't understand why some people are so negative just because someone shares their opinion. It is my job (pleasure) to oversee the making of Opeth's albums; making sure they have what they need, etc. As such, it's only obvious that I will have a copy of it! How that makes me some 'fat cat record company, whatever' is beyond me. Ho hum.

Lora,

My purpose here is not destroy threads (via negativity)... if you search through my other posts, you'll see I'm no troll... I try to add to this forum, and many times I think I do. I think it's great that you share with this forum. Your post has gotten many people even more excited, which again is great. However, one of the reasons I gave you a hard time was because when confronted with questions, you said your not very good with words, meanwhile your first post was quite elegantly written... I mean if you don't want to spoil the album or your really not allowed to comment on it, just let us know. I think we can respect that a lot more than saying your not very good with words... which obviously is not true. Again, I'll probably get bashed by others for this post... but I'm done bashing you. Your obviously a nice person, and like me, your just trying to add to this forum. Sorry, if I offended.

Thank you very much for that, Monsterxman.

Yes, I am allowed to talk about the album. The thing is, I am not very good with words, or at least not the kind you might have been looking for. That is true. I thought in great detail about the album post and how to word what was going through my head. It wasn't easy as I wanted to try and do justice to both the album and how it made me feel when listening to it. Thank you for saying is was elegantly written, some people just thought I didn't give it much thought - far from it. As I said, I am not a PR person and I am not a journo. I did my best to express my thoughts on it, so when asked further questions about it, it was difficult for me at add anything else. For me, music is about feeling and that can be hard to put into words. To just give some clinical description would be impossible for me to do - that is how I am. What I tried to do was describe the feeling of the album and how it touched me. That is the best I can do.

I don't know Lora, I'm sorry to say it, but I think I'm siding with Monsterxman on this one.

I mean, to me, your post did seem a little formulaic and forced. I mean, sure, if your not a musician, it might be a little difficult to analyse the song structure and every verse and chord. But you must admit, you did gush. Sure, Opeth are probably deserving of gushing, but people will probably accept your gushing if you back it up with a little analysis. I mean you could at least compare it to say, Blackwater park and give us an indication of whether it progresses from their, and goes off on a completely different path or what.

I know everyone is free to post what they will, but I think the reason you where flamed so hard, is that we're all kind of over the gushing.

As mentioned, if your position @ MFN restricts you from commenting further about the album, just say so.

Oh come on man... she spoke live any other avid Opeth fan... for the non-musicians the main terminology is 'beautiful' 'elegant' 'soft' 'melodic' and not shit like 'based off the harmonic minor scale...'. I think she justified herself enough and we can all get off her back, yes?

Tr00, seeing as she's seems to get on quite well with the guys from Opeth... you might even go as far as to say 'friends' of a sort..... And don't forget that the friend of my......ahhhh enemy is my .....ummmmmm.... friend.......

*Thinking Music*

OMG! You hate Opeth!!!?:eek: :OMG:

:rolleyes: :Smug:

Hey Lora :) Don't mind the grumpies.

Lora-
...I am not very good with words, or at least not the kind you might have been looking for. That is true. I thought in great detail about the album post and how to word what was going through my head. It wasn't easy as I wanted to try and do justice to both the album and how it made me feel when listening to it...<snip>...I did my best to express my thoughts on it, so when asked further questions about it, it was difficult for me at add anything else. For me, music is about feeling and that can be hard to put into words. To just give some clinical description would be impossible for me to do - that is how I am. What I tried to do was describe the feeling of the album and how it touched me. That is the best I can do.

Seeing how I have difficulties in the same field, mind if I use yours? This is a problem I have when trying to describe music I like to people. Why do I like it? It's personal, it's an emotion and when I'm asked, I have to search for words to describe them for it to be felt in turn as strongly as I have. If I don't find them, I'd rather not use any. Ah well...

This thread has been a shocker thus far. Metalxman was just giving his opinion and everyone jumped on him in a disgustingly ignorant way. Since when did Opeth fans transform into In Flames fans (you gotta admit that forum is terrible) and jump so suddenly on anothers view with such mindless flaming. Personally I agree with him. But upon seeing Lora's self-proclaimed lack of wordliness I suppose asking for more details would be futile.

-From Static

However, I was filled with an extreme rush of elation when I read her description of the new album.

Fuck I want it!! NOW!!! I don't wanna wait another 3 months or whenever it comes out in NZ...I'm gonna dream I'm listening to it tonight.

Heheh...I was talking to this girl on MSN when I read this stuff and said to her "New Opeth soon, I'm creaming my pants just thinking about it!" She was shocked and said...ewwwwww. If only she knew why! :D