new opeth song/cd

v01c354nd51gn5

Awakenings
Dec 18, 2003
DE:-\
their official site has a song, The Grand Conjuration, from their upcoming cd. i think it sounds great. especially the drumming. the cd comes out august 30th i think. anyone else heard it?

I have...I like Per Wiberg's work on it, definitely.

Something vaguely DT'ish about one of the riffs they've got going...

Has anybody managed to get an accurate transcription of the lyrics?

My friend burnt me a copy of the new Opeth album yesterday. I love every song on it! Opeth are gods.

And since Marre79 brought it up, may I ask why everyone seems to like the new Nevermore album so much? I think it sucks compared to Dead Heart.

I just heard Beneath The Mire and Atonement, I was much more impressed with them than the preview tracks Roadrunner put up (although I need to hear them in higher quality)...especially the latter, a dark ballad that doesn't sound like anything they've done in the past.

I have the entire CD. Its alright, not there best. I think that there are too many changes in this cd... New label, New studio, New producer... meh it wasnt pure opeth, it was filtered. Still Life is where the fuck its at.

The Leper said:
P.S. Im still Buying the album, and so should everyone, support Opeth.
I agree. I'll probably buy it the day it comes out. I actually felt a little guilty downloading it, since I thought, "Hmm...Opeth doesn't want their fans to hear this until the end of August. So why am I going against their wishes?" Yeah, I'm a bit obsessed. :) Anyway, I hate stealing music from bands. I only download songs so that I could hear what they sound like, then buy the album if it's good enough.

And The Leper, there are a lot of changes, but I think that it's impressive that they've still managed to maintain the sound that they are known for. I'm still not happy about the new lael though. Roadrunner is already trying to get money from alternate versions of songs. For example, there is now a version of "The Grand Conjuration" that you can only get digitally. And I'm sure that there will be many more to come...

ToS, you're not being "obsessed", just polite. That's a good thing.

BTW, this other version of "The Grand Conjuration"...what's the deal with it? Is it extended, remixed, or what?

Rose Immortal said:
ToS, you're not being "obsessed", just polite. That's a good thing.

BTW, this other version of "The Grand Conjuration"...what's the deal with it? Is it extended, remixed, or what?

At first I didn't even hear the difference, the only difference is that some parts are extended (another round of this, another round of that). IMHO it just drags on longer.

After listening to the album about a million times, I started wondering about something: Does anyone know if Ghost Reveries is a concept album? I can't tell what all the lyrics are, but it seems like he's telling a story...

I dont think so, I think they'd be much more open about a concept album.

Though on the Opeth documentary (on the lamentations DVD), Mikael said he had ideas for a concept album, I dont think he got the idea, wrote it etc in such quick time. I could be wrong tho.