New Opeth

Eos

The Entwined
Nov 23, 2001
Switzerland / Croatia
www.metalpics.ch
got the "Deliverance" promo yesterday and it sounds really good!! The heavy songs rock!!! :D
I have a questions for the Opeth cracks out there:
First the idea was to do a double CD but their label (?) didn't want that. I thought that instead of that they would do two CD's, one heavy and one slow. But on the promo (which is titled as "Deliverance" as the CD which is going to be released 4th November) there are fans and slow songs :confused: So what's up now? Are they going to do one CD with songs on it which are either slow or heavy?? :confused:
Thanks in advance!!

Yes Deliverance is really heavy !

The idea was to do two different albums not a double : they release deliverance first, will promote it and touring in december, and they'll relase the second album (totally acoustic, with more mellotron, no screaming voice, no double kick drums) in march 2003.
And the will do another tour in march/april 2003 : opeth unplugged as Peter Lindgren said... with a keyboard player.
:D

They have planned to release a heavy album, which as you mentioned is Deliverance and it's gonna be out in a month, and an acoustic one, which will be out in late winter/early spring I think. The songs are gonna be completely different in each album and not acoustic versions of the heavy album.
And by the way, I think they're ok but definetly overrated. I don't understand why so many people are so stuck with them. Please don't hate me!

Oh... and this is irrelevant but the Queens Of The Stone Age new album is one of the best things I've heard in my life!!!! Amazing. Buy it now. There's no way you're not gonna like it.

Did you get the new QOTSA album as a limited ed. with dvd? My friend got it and last saturday we were wasting beer at our place and checked the dvd (he doesn't have a player). The few live videos in it rocked even to me, and I'm not a fan (yet) :headbang:

I didn't say Opeth are bad. Not at all. It's just that they are getting so much attention and other great bands get dumbed by everyone. Well lifes a fuckin' whore, right? In fact I'm listening to Blackwater Park right now.... the title song is great!

@Hitler: Lucky bastards. I didn't buy the DVD edition. There were none left.

Oh.... and QOTSA don't play stoner rock. Maybe the great Kyuss did...

Originally posted by silvère
:lol: I understand last monday i saw Mikael and Peter and i've done an interview with Peter
I can't wait to them alive !!!:hotjump:

Ah, lucky you!! They didn't come to Switzerland :(
I reeeaaally hope to see them live soon!!:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :D
A friend of me and I did an interview with Peter about year and a half ago (on the phone). I'd love to give you the URL but the site is not online at the moment :mad:

Originally posted by Eos
Ah, lucky you!! They didn't come to Switzerland :(
I reeeaaally hope to see them live soon!!:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :D
A friend of me and I did an interview with Peter about year and a half ago (on the phone). I'd love to give you the URL but the site is not online at the moment :mad:

Have patience, in december they will tour...:D they certainly come to switzerland (Pratteln I guess);)

Originally posted by silvère
Have patience, in december they will tour...:D they certainly come to switzerland (Pratteln I guess);)

I hope not Pratteln! Last year they were in Wil in the club Remise. That was really cool! It´s a small place so you´re pretty close to the band. Pratteln is cool too but... they sometimes act bit strange..:confused:

As far as their label is concerned, I THINK Deliverance and Damnation are considered as one album in the contract.
The idea was to release one regular Opeth album (not heavier or anything, just Opeth) which includes an instrumental song anyway, and one mellow/acoustic album consisted by songs like Still Day Beneath The Sun and Patterns In The Ivy II.
And they deserved what they've got now. I don't think they're overrated in any way. They're great musicians, they're out there for almost 10 years, and they've only recently been recognized. I don't consider their music "mainstream" or anything. Being recognized for being yourself is not such a bad thing, me thinks.. :)

Originally posted by Don Corleone
thats true. thanks for the correction.

It's ok. I hate all these stupid fuckin' terms. It's good music. That's what matters. Always. :cool:

What's bad about labels is that someone calls a cd, for example, death metal and his/her friend might not listen to it just because it's labeled in a certain way.
Listen first, judge later.