New People I Met This Year, PPUSA forum edition

Barking Pumpkin said:
It was a sheet on the wall next to the entrance to the Vendor area. Someone just compiled most of the pictures from the "Names With Faces" thread and added the forums nicks to them. Definitely some effort put into it.

that's right... in fact i saw your pic.. you are in a boat, making rafting... right? :headbang:

Pellaz said:
Damnit, I should have. *kick* *kick*

It was great to meet a lot of you for the first time -- if I start naming names I'll be late to work -- but a special shout out to Dargormudshark: you rule. (Three performances for the weekend, including ProgPower 6.1 at the Grenada. :D )

Yeah, PP 6.1 was a blast!!! That will most likely be the only time you get a whole bunch of metalheads to sing YMCA unplugged! :D

Hello and good to see you all my boardmates: Linda, Q, Shaye, Urban, Tess, Anniebat, James the bodyguard and his lovely wife Kathy, Junnie, Bryant (I was getting drunk just standing next to him in the elevator!), Darg, Shane and Kelly, Smiley (spiderman) and Mike from Prymary, Milton, Paula and company (wheres my cd!), Alfonso/alonzo/albero, Pat and our DT discussion by the Coke machine, and the people I saw but didnt get to introduce myself to: Sautherom, Blackwaternymph, MorticiaNL, and all the rest. See you all NEXT year. Can it come fast enough??

Just got home about an hour ago and am exhausted, but just wanted to say it was great to meet some more new folks this year. To everyone that that I met and may not remember that I met...um, er...blame it on the Bass:D. It was a great time and to all the new peolple I met, it was my pleasure.:headbang:

Big props to Darg for Fri. night, and he & his bass player are really great guys.

Cheers All! :wave:

Barking Pumpkin said:
People I saw or caught glimpses of at some point were Bryant, J-Dubya (I think he had a look-a-like there also),

You should have said something! Dammit! I think I know who my stand in was,
and I guarantee you I'm far more cool than he is! :Spin:

I DID see some guy in the seats wearing a MK/BFD tour shirt from 98, but he was gone before I could talk to him. Hopefully you can get there again next year!

sh0kr0k said:
:oops:
Kathy & James, you two have a friend for life! Your kindness and generocity are unparalled!

Bear, you're a sweetheart!

Tammy

Thanks sweetie!! You too!!! Even though we met in Chicago for like 2.5 seconds, It was great to talk and hang out a little.

Kathy and James rule!!!Love them, I hope they make it out to Cali or Powerfest! We had a great time at The Cheetah's!!!

Bear

J-Dubya 777 said:
You should have said something! Dammit! I think I know who my stand in was,
and I guarantee you I'm far more cool than he is! :Spin:

I DID see some guy in the seats wearing a MK/BFD tour shirt from 98, but he was gone before I could talk to him. Hopefully you can get there again next year!

I saw what I thought was your look-a-like sitting in the stands, and I think he was wearing like a blue collar shirt both nights. I think I saw you with someone the first night getting into position on the floor for Circus Maximus, but no Freak Kitchen shirt. :p

I met alot of you guys this year:

Mike The Cop (Isn't it to fun to scare singers)
Bear (loved your Vinnie Moore cover)
Pellaz (thanks for videotaping wed. night and the trip to taco cabana)
Mosquito
Aki
Ashaman (thanks for the drink offer)
The WHisper
Rakosh
Roam (not sure if I spelled it right)
Curufin (thanks for the pizza and the listening party, it was sweeet)
Kittybeast (sorry I didn't get into Symphorce)
Wheezer (I forgot to bring some Dead Seagull's to throw at you)

That is all I can really remember right now

oh yeah, and I actually talked to Harvester...he seems to be pretty popular.

To everyone else thanks for all the compliments on wed., thurs., and sat.

You all rock :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

yeah I refuse to make the you all contraction that the stereotypical Texan does!

:hotjump: NOT a PP virgin anymore!!! Damn one hell of a fine weekend that was....thinking I should not go to the other shows on the calendar this year as none will compare!! Glenn you are the man :worship:

Never have I been to a festival where absolutely everyone was so easygoing and enjoyed talking so much music and b.s'ing. I had the pleasure of meeting some fine, outstanding people so shouts out to: Skeleton Crew, Bryant and Harumi, Savaron and Kathy, Kelly, JonnyD, Weezer, Mxgonzo, Met-Al, Shaye and Urban (see you in CA hehehe)
TwstMetalSteph, Kim, Dolamite, Gen. Zod, Rottingflesh, MetalRose, Mike, Brent, Britt, Swordlord and last but not least the infamous Dargomudshark, dude, hella set, sweet stuff! I loved what I heard at the Preparty and had to hear some DC Cooper..excellent on the way home :headbang: :headbang: A special thanks to all the great bands there hanging out, signing and being so great to the fans!!! You all ROCK! \m/ Thanks to the vendors for the most excellent selection of music I've seen in one place! I'm sure I've missed plenty of people so :wave: to you too!!!

To the wonderful, awesome, amazing, incredible, charismatic and entertaining guys of :worship: SYMPHORCE :worship: you made my f'kin weekend!!! Thanks for all :Smokin: :kickass: :headbang: :lol: :hotjump: can't wait to do it again!!!

was great to meet angraRules and his gf paula again, blackwaternymph, metalprofesor again, and swordlord-the coolest 6'6 front row center guy you'll ever meet!!! hope to see you all again at PPVII!!!

Curufin said:
Thanks for coming! I had a hell of a time, I'm sure you could tell. :D

Hey that was you?! Alright man! Thanks for chillin with me in the hallway while the boys were playing Pizza Box Tossing :) I got that little "Please Service This Room" tag confiscated after I got out of hand with it! haha!! Next year dude - you're in charge of the Friday night entertainment! Adam and I will come to you with our whole crew, so you better be ready :cool:

Hi, all! Guess I was massively anti-social this year... since the only people I got to sorta meet were nailz (Friday by the elevator at the Granada only to have him tell me that the listening party is over) and RealM (in line for the bathroom - yay! there are now lines for the girls' room at PP! - only to get my turn and run into a stall and lose her. I think she talked to my friend more than I had a chance to talk to her). Good to meet you, guys! As brief as it was. :D

And I had a nice chat with Mister Pink Bunny who managed to convince my fiance to buy me the Ararat vinyl without me even asking. Woo-hoo! :D I enjoyed that chat very much! Look forward to the other Orphaned Land vinyls and thanks for the mag! I have yet to go through it, but I will! I promise!

There is always next year.