New People I Met This Year, PPUSA forum edition

I only briefly talked to each person I met, but I did meet Angrarules, Petethedrummer, J-Dubya, and Kittybeast. I did Metalrose, but whenever I was getting ready to talk to her, she would take off in the opposite direction( I hope not on purpose).

I did Metalrose

Damn, I got lucky and didn't even know it. :) LOL.

Nah, it wasn't on purpose... just been really stressed out and not really had the mental ability to pay attention to what's going on around me. But next year, when I walk in the opposite direction, it will be on purpose. ;) Teasing.

Just start hollering at me. The only time I'm really in a focused zone and won't stop to talk is when I'm getting something signed for my son....

-MetalRose

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I only briefly talked to each person I met, but I did meet Angrarules, Petethedrummer, J-Dubya, and Kittybeast. I did Metalrose, but whenever I was getting ready to talk to her, she would take off in the opposite direction( I hope not on purpose).

Did we briefly speak of Freak Kitchen?
p.s. Congrats on the Metal Rose thang...lol :D

Barking Pumpkin said:
I saw what I thought was your look-a-like sitting in the stands, and I think he was wearing like a blue collar shirt both nights. I think I saw you with someone the first night getting into position on the floor for Circus Maximus, but no Freak Kitchen shirt. :p

No collared shirt for me! Hell, I think I wore BOTH FK shirts on Friday night.
I wanted to stay fresh for the ladies! :Spin:

For CM I was on the right side of the stage a few people back from the front.

Curufin said:
Thanks for coming! I had a hell of a time, I'm sure you could tell. :D

Yeah, enjoyed the listening party and the afterparty, thanks Drew! I'll know everyone better next year!

Cheers,

Neal

Well I finally got to meet a couple more of the UM folks. Ben who also hangs out at some other boards...and Shaye who I FINALLY Met at Corset night. Seems my SCott had mentioned he had been talking a few times briefly to this very sweet girl at the last Prog Power...turns out it was you! So glad I was able to show you the tiny corest! So small you ccan Carry it!

I promise...next year I'll catch up and meet more UM folks...Seems Scott is far more social than I am!

Coldie....she who carried her tiny corset for corset night!

zimbee said:
Hi, all! Guess I was massively anti-social this year... since the only people I got to sorta meet were nailz (Friday by the elevator at the Granada only to have him tell me that the listening party is over) and RealM (in line for the bathroom - yay! there are now lines for the girls' room at PP! - only to get my turn and run into a stall and lose her. I think she talked to my friend more than I had a chance to talk to her). Good to meet you, guys! As brief as it was. :D

And I had a nice chat with Mister Pink Bunny who managed to convince my fiance to buy me the Ararat vinyl without me even asking. Woo-hoo! :D I enjoyed that chat very much! Look forward to the other Orphaned Land vinyls and thanks for the mag! I have yet to go through it, but I will! I promise!

There is always next year.

Dammit Annie, I was looking for you all weekend, but never found you. :(

It was great seeing "old" friends again as well as meeting new ones. In fact, I met so many new people last weekend that I am most likely going to forget to list a few of them here, so please forgive me if you are among the "missing." It's not intentional -- it's the Alzheimer's, ha ha!

Here goes: Kristin (I think I may need to commission you for a pair of leather pants for PPVII), Marsha (I hope you enjoyed your first PP, and that it won't be your last!), Sean (you jammed with DC! Can I have your autograph? LOL), Greg and Trey, John (aka Creeps -- PC69 RULES!!), John C (time to get Morgana Lefay back to the states!), Bryant and Harumi (those pictures of Koji are great! I think he will be ready for his first PP next year, right? ;) ), boB (nice Morgana Lefay shirt!), Vadim and Arina (OK, I probably did some major name misspelling here -- sorry. See ya at BB King's for Kamelot!), Annie, Dave, and Michelle (BEC ROCKS!!!), Kim and Alicia (always great seeing you!), Shaye (the ages of 29-30 are the best 10 years of a woman's life, right? LOL), Urban (can't believe I saw you wearing an article of clothing that was NOT black!), Britt, Adrian, Kathy and James (great meeting all of you), MetalRose and Tracey (the story you told at Shaye's party was worth the price of admission! :tickled: ), Paul (you don't have to call me Dr :Spin: ), Tim (thanks for the improved vantage point during Therion) and last but most certainly not least, Linda -- you and I are so much alike it is SCARY!! (and watch out for guys telling you they just want pizza and a nap. :lol: )

Again, my apologies to anyone I may have omitted! Can't wait to do it all again next year! :headbang:

Steph

my list is rather short, but sweet (mostly), and certainly longer than previous PP shows. I made a conscious effort to meet a few more people this year...

the first person to recognize me I think was realm - we spoke a couple of times over the weekend. I hope you found a great seat for Therion while I was worshipping them up close.

Urban I saw early on, and as always he was as cordial and polite as can be. I met Shaye this time too. You two make a great couple. Thanks for the laughs!

JonnyD, great to see you again. Hope you had a safe trip back to the northeast.

Bryant and Harumi - a pleasure as always. I want to see Koji at a future PPUSA!

MetalRose - great to finally meet the legendary one herself. You were the nut in the trail mix on Saturday night for me. LOL Thanks.

Kim and Aeturnia - I wish we'd had more time to talk... hopefully between now and next year's show, eh?

Stardust2112 - it was good to meet you as well. I look forward to more correspondence through MySpace as well as these forums.

And last but certainly not least, thanks to Linda for the conversation on Saturday after Therion. It was great to meet you after chatting a few times here and on MySpace. Hope to chat more in the future.

ok, those are just off the top of my head. Please hit me up if you recall meeting me. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few folks. (sorry)

you ALL ROCK!!!

I did more socializing than usual this year. It was rather odd, quite a few people came up to me and knew who I was, I guess that's what I get for having a picture of me as my avatar. I was at Curufin's on friday (I wanted to make it on saturday too, but going to the steak n' shake took longer than I thought), Swordlord (The really tall guy always in the front row), Blackwaternymph, dargormudshark, and I can't actually remember the screen names of all the people I met, so I'll leave it at that.

If anyone is questioning who I am, I was one of the two tall guys in front for Therion trying to get brain damage :Spin:

Curufin said:
Dammit Annie, I was looking for you all weekend, but never found you. :(
I'm fairly certain I spotted you in the audience on Friday... Front row somewhat left of center?... We were sitting down most of the time - wimps, I know. ;) I am a bit sad, too. As I said - next year! :)

Megawozniak said:
If anyone is questioning who I am, I was one of the two tall guys in front for Therion trying to get brain damage :Spin:

Aha, I think I might have felt your hair, or Swordlord's, thwapping me on the back of my neck during their set. :tickled: (Stage-right, audience-left, nyet?)

That's okay, though, I was headbanging as much as I could while not tossing my glasses off my nose. :headbang:

boB (nice Morgana Lefay shirt!)

Thanks! It's just like yours... ;)

Vadim and Arina (OK, I probably did some major name misspelling here

nope, I think you're right on... heh, funny story... even though I've known Arina for the past four years or so (and Vadim much longer than that), I've forgotten or messed up her name EVERY SINGLE YEAR... but not anymore, nosirree...

at any rate, it was great seeing you again, dear Steph... and your presence is requested -- no, REQUIRED -- at Powerfest 2006. :)

LMAO Hate when that happens

Pellaz said:
Aha, I think I might have felt your hair, or Swordlord's, thwapping me on the back of my neck during their set. :tickled: (Stage-right, audience-left, nyet?)

That's okay, though, I was headbanging as much as I could while not tossing my glasses off my nose. :headbang:

I met so many people this year that I am not going to try to name all of you! But you are all great awesome people!
By the last night I felt like I had friends everywhere I went. For those of you I didn't meet, I hope to meet you next year.

Robin

At the risk of forgetting a couple of names...

Linda: Kathy and I had a BLAST! We're looking forward to getting together with you again soon!

Tammy: It was a pleasure meeting you! We had such a great time hanging out with you and Adam; we will definitely keep in touch!

Adam: It’s about time you made it up here again! Thanks for helping me carry the beer all over Midtown :lol: !

Bear: YOU rule, dude :worship: ! When we make it out to Cali, we will definitely look you up! Cheeeeeeetah!!!

80s Al: ALWAYS a good time; we’ve got to get together more often!

Bryan: You’re the best! Thanks for making sure we got home safely (and for taking us to Taco Cabana)!

Jersey Joe: See you when you get back from ProgPower Europe (bring us a present from Amsterdam ;) )!

Adrian: I’m glad we finally got to hang out, albeit briefly; I’ll be looking for you again next year!

Jeff: It was a pleasure having you over; I'll keep in touch!

Aaron: We REALLY enjoyed meeting Beth; we’re looking forward to seeing both of you again next year!

Bryant and Harumi, Shaye, and Kim: It was a blast, as always! We can’t wait for the next ProgPower Barbecue! (Tell Urban I appreciate the picture :headbang: )

Mike the Cop: It was great to finally meet you! :kickass:

Steph: It was a pleasure meeting you, as well!

Sean: You rock!

Doug: Thanks for sending me the picture; I'll be expecting you at the next party!

MetalRose: Sorry to hear that you were preoccupied this year; please know that Kathy and I will be thinking about you!

Everyone else: See you again next year...:headbang:

James said:
At the risk of forgetting a couple of names...

Tammy: It was a pleasure meeting you! We had such a great time hanging out with you and Adam; we will definitely keep in touch!

Adam: It’s about time you made it up here again! Thanks for helping me carry the beer all over Midtown :lol: !

James, you and Kathy helped make this a really special ProgPower! Your generocity was unmatched and led to a great night of The Beer Bandits! :lol: Kathy has my e-mail address now so we'll be able to stay in touch. Hopefully we can continue the hijinx at Chicago Powerfest :D James, you official ROCK!

Oh, and I'm sorry but I have to Adam's side - he won the pizza box throwing contest :lol: