New record progress Updates

Sonm

Curse You All Men...
Aug 14, 2002
It feels like thing are about to get speeded up. So let me start this thread in order to reflect the current status of the composing and recording songs.
Yesterday the intro brought back to life. Today we hope to finish everything in what was called "The Seventh Symphony of Satan" before... looks like this name doesn't fit the song any more.
Kir and Omin will come to see me today to complete the drum track for this song too.

I hope to finish a song right after I get recovered after a weird cold, which caused some problems with my throat. Then we record vocals and one of the most complicated and... strange songs of the CD will be available.

Yesterday me and Omin came to a ambient end of the song. Guys, we really follow the way it all sound in our brains. No verses, no refrains, no standard guitar solos. It all looks more like a short stories or movies...

Yeah, it came out unexpectedly good! I often think about how music is born in different ways.. We played this song in our minds over and over and were not satisfied with it until random abstract idea found it`s place. Today we can listen to this still nameless piece again and again and finally feel the harmony.. we came to the point, when you can listen to one song thousand times and it won`t bore you. We try to do our best for every FS song and fortunately it gets its shape in a different way every time.

My throat is okay. I hope to start recording demo vocals on monday. We're almost through what was called "A dead heart rebirth". A weird mixture of old Katatonia and Opeth spirits. The simplest song on this CD so far. But it also has a special mood of a crying solitude... yup. Again and again.
A song about a person suffocating in a city where he feels "... like everyone get sick and slowly dies..." A song about great old days, when the world was different. Hope you know what I am talking about. Samples are soon to come.

Hooray! The good old days of horse-drawn buggies and respected opinions and freedom, before The US ruined the world. :)

I'm really glad that you guys are making progress! I am also very glad the songs are once again about people drowning in the filth of cities and society. Autumn elegy was the song that gave me that feel the most. Loud annoying footsteps and sad ambient guitars. Anyways, please finish your new cd and save up for a visa to tour distant lands! Good luck!

Well... Actually we could make several pieces of the demo available. It's with MIDI drums, but that doesn't mean anything except for the fact that a real drum pattern will be a replica of what's now substituted with a merry dead drumer. Anyway I guess it's interesting how things are developing. So in a couple of hours those pieces are here.

Fucking awesome stuff! :headbang:

Keep it on! I'm not disappointed for sure that is what I wanted to hear from Forest Stream, this is the way I thought Forest Stream would be in the future.

So guys be sure you're on the right way.

PS: Hope to hear soon the full "The Autumn Dancers" as promo song

These are amazing. It sounds like Emperor at its very best, mixed with a bit of doom, and then some. I absolutely love it.
Cheers and thanks for sharing! I can't wait to hear the rest!

Keep on working... The Autumn Dancers will be up soon + another piece from prelim=SS... I still have to talk to Omin in order to accept the title... It was The Seventh Symphony of Satan but now this name doesn't fit any more...