New record progress Updates

Hee hee, I know how fun it is to take so long on an album while fans praise you the whole time, Sonm. I think you guys are having a loooot of fun, eh? :)

volkannica said:
my heart move faster now man... special bands should make special albums..so you are also special one and we believe next one is also holy one ;)

in forest stream we trust \m/
That was the most abstruse post ever.

Black Tears said:
That was the most abstruse post ever.

i understand you man ;)

Do you think any concept themes in this album like a song with part I-II-... or is there any possibility this will be completely concept album?

+ 1.
2 or 3 more to go... We think 2 will be enough. The total time of the CD is gonna exceed 1 hour.

2 Oinkness.
Honestly, we really feel guilty... promising for so long without any visible progress. But you can't force it. I mean you can but your child will be born dead. I say it again - we don't compose things to get famous or rich. We didn't make a penny with our music... and I really doubt we'll ever do.
But who the fuck cares? :)
Meanwhile... I hope to bring some from a studio soon. It all feels to me like time to talk to labels! No, I mean realLEE!! I realLEE realLEE do:) Even if it's not gonna be as real as I realLEE fEEL it. Here should I say that agan: who the fuck would care since the most beloved thing in this world is ALIVE?!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!

Garrr! When will this be done? When will you have samples online? And when will be able to order it!? Or what are your plans? Is this Demo not going to be released to the public? Or if its released how will it be released? All online? or? CDr?

Hey, if you're looking to snare Lee to sign Forest Stream on a new label or something, I could volunteer my bands as well! I've got a symphonic black metal band that he might like. He could totally sign us dude! We could be label buddies and get drunk together over the internet through AIM or these forums! :)

Tomorrow we hope to record vocals for The Mired and make it available online. A reminder: this will be a song from our DEMO, which implies a corresponding quality. Still, I hope, will be enough to get an idea of what one of the parts of the upcoming CD will be looking like. Sorry guys, we are going through some hard times: our drummer got an injury because of a bike crash. Will be okay in a couple of weeks... but that is two weeks more... Sigh...
I fmade some lirycs for The Mired... you can see them below. I don't know how engLEEsh it is, yet it all sound good to my ears. Any comments pLEEase?
---------------------------------------------------
The Mired

[FONT=&quot]A pale cold haze by stealth conceals the path[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As lurking shade transforms the day so fast[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rich colors fall against the bleak decay[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Am I the one to pass these waters longing [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For their living prey?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All where I can turn my look is a reign of Mire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I cry out but echoes die unborn[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The dismal life of the Mighty Bogs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shall go on undisturbed at all…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Perceive the stuffiness, the swamp’s breathing hard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Digesting dreams of those who’re now its part[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Who’s been sucked in or maybe jumped himself [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They cheat all deaths and never die being dead[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let woken be whose time has passed[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the blessed get dressed in their newer flesh[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then come to soak my fury up and join[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To free our world from meanness [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Wrong are those who ‘re telling you there’s nothing to be awake for. The Mire is enormous but not endless. I dared to find the way out. ’ve been searching all my life and finally succeeded, yet I am the only one who knows.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]…I dared to find the way out…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hear me call from the other side [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Of the deadly mire’s halls[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]See I could pass them through [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And some other will if he wants[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And all those who were killing me[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For billion poignant times,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Failed again… yet my stars rise to shine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the last time in these skies… [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We should be leaving soon. …`is no tomorrow here, just orgies of the wicked spawn. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I choose the name for us -Men of Winter as I’ve chosen a new destiny. Chilling frosts and velvet darkness will be our guides and envoys in our quest for the land beyond, where our future dwells.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But if we’re fated to face the dusty void of a suffocating starless night, it will be the night for everyone… [/FONT]

I'm sorry to hear of the hard times the band has falLEEn upon. I really love the LEErics and I definiteLEE [sorry, I just couldn't resist] can't wait to hear the song. The English in it is wonderful. It's much better than a lot of English speakers' English, honestly. It's definitely a lot better than my Russian too. With that said, there are a couple of lines for which I have recommendations.

Original: Who’s been sucked in or maybe jumped himself
Revised: Who've been sucked in or maybe jumped themselves
The reason I changed this is because the previous line, 'Digesting dreams of those who’re now its part,' speaks of 'those,' which is plural, and the second line speaks of 'himself,' which is singular. Basically I tried to make this line an extension of the first one using plural pronouns.

Original: Let woken be whose time has passed
Revised: Let them be awoken whose time has passed
The problem with this line is that it lacks a subject. While I wrote 'them,' for the subject, I think that you could get away with using any pronoun [him, her, those, and so on.].

I don't really have a good technical understanding of English (although I can write pretty well), so the explanations likely aren't perfect. Still, I hope that helps out.

Cheers!

edit: Just now, I changed 'woken' to 'awoken.' I did a bit of reading on this verb and it's a very difficult one, though I think 'awoken' is the more correct form. Normally I would use 'awakened' instead but I think they're interchangeable.

[FONT=&quot]2 Sepsis
yes Sir! Thank you! I do agree with "Who've been sucked in..." Although you can first sing about THOSE, whose dreams have been digested and then consider a particular person, who's been sucked in. It's like first saying about a crowd and thenm swithc to a particular person, which you describe. But woken... Actually I should have written " Let woken be (those), whose time has passed..." But then it doesn't fit the rythm so to speak... As for the usage of this word "woken"... What do you think of the following poetry?

http://www.brindin.com/pizan010.htm

It sounds really beautiful to my ears and really romantic though a bit old fashioned I reckon, Sir!
Tell me what you think...
[/FONT]

2 Sonm-
I think that poem was great language-wise, and it was definitely quite romantic and old-fashioned, but I didn't really 'feel' it. That's something I think is lacking in a lot of poetry and music today, and that's one of the reasons I really love Forest Stream. The lyrics are beautifully descriptive, powerfully emotive, and set to music that suits them perfectly. They're the embodiment of romanticism, I reckon.

I really liked those lyrics! I can't wait to actually hear these songs, whether they be demo or even album versions! It all sounds really good. :) Hey Sonm, would you or Omin, or the guys from Forest Stream be interested in doing an interview for UM? If you're interested that would be cool, or would you want to wait until you're signed and about to release the next CD? :eek: Let me know!

Good idea! Thank you! But let`s wait until we finish the demo first. It`s coming soon i think.. as soon as it possible. Yesterday i almost finished guitars in Autumn Dancers so we keep on working hard.

A small update. The mound is moving hell me be!
We'll get final preparations started after I am back to Russia on 10th of January. Meanwhile Kir is beating hell out of ears of his neighbours.

YouTube - kir forest stream mired

We are looking for a venue to have our presentation at... and it looks like Moscow isn't the right place for it. No decent venues so far... You just can not imagine how rotten metal things are in Russia. I really feel sick about it all...