New site up and running

Very nice work! As I am a web designer myself, though, I have one small suggestion:

Make the Flash animation of the album covers go slower, best way is to increase the # of frames but keep the same frame rate, so it's nice, slow and smooth. The current speed is dizzying! Other than that, I'm loving the new design! :headbang:

EDIT: I take this back, i like the dizzying speed now... had to get used to it. :)

One more thing - on the page header graphics, for example this one:

bg_news.jpg

I'd suggest making the photo and the text seperate images, so you can use a .gif for the text and a .jpg for the photos, it will make for clearer looking text. Or you can use Adobe ImageReady to selectively optimize the .jpg compression so that your text areas are set to 100% quality and the rest is set to 60% or whatever you are using.

Thanks guys :)

Actually it's not Flash, it's Javascript, and it's not yet fast enough for Andy (Faster ! Faster !) although it's the max speed already, so... Screw you ! :p

And Kazrog, thanks for the Image Ready tips, I tried it but it looks worse with files 2 to 3 times bigger, so... screw you as well, stop causing trouble ! :D

And Lee, about the naked spanners... Although I agree (and you should have seen the beta testings...), well... screw you all the same ! :)

Kazrog said:
One more thing - on the page header graphics, for example this one:

bg_news.jpg

I'd suggest making the photo and the text seperate images, so you can use a .gif for the text and a .jpg for the photos, it will make for clearer looking text. Or you can use Adobe ImageReady to selectively optimize the .jpg compression so that your text areas are set to 100% quality and the rest is set to 60% or whatever you are using.

Or he could just make the text actual HTMl code. I hate people who do text like this in images. It always looks like ass. Unledd its text on a specific type of graphic always use Code. It also lower the image size (not much really only a few k) but it will load faster.

I also agree with karzog on the flash, a bit slower would be good.

Other than that Majorly kick ass in every way ... except for the scollbars that look like MAC scrollers ... God i hate macs... (ok let my cricifixion begin !!!!) :p

Brett fucking rocks on this shit!
look at his band website! really good looking stuff.
amazing javascript programming, no shitty flash stuff!
He got his own style and that's really good!
Without flash is better, really better, it's faster and it's way more "surfable" so I like the way he programmed all this stuff.

Maurizio

guitarguru777 said:
Or he could just make the text actual HTMl code. I hate people who do text like this in images. It always looks like ass. Unledd its text on a specific type of graphic always use Code. It also lower the image size (not much really only a few k) but it will load faster.

I also agree with karzog on the flash, a bit slower would be good.

Other than that Majorly kick ass in every way ... except for the scollbars that look like MAC scrollers ... God i hate macs... (ok let my cricifixion begin !!!!) :p
first.. this is an audio forum... go complain about someone's mixes or something :rolleyes: Brett has done a fine job.. leave him alone you big whiner. :bah:

second... no need to to crucify you guru... you already live in your own special hell. :devil: