New Social Thread

I can't stand hearing someone say they are on a diet. Especially when I find out that their diet consists of eating healthy for once in their entire life. THAT'S NOT A DIET, THAT'S CALLED EATING HEALTHY FFS. Diets don't work.

They do work if you're trying to cut weight like a RESSSSLAAAA but yeah generally I agree with this statement.

I've been at a pretty steep caloric deficit and will be less hawklike about it once I shrink enough. Anyone who gets preachy will receive a photo of me squishing my stomach fat into a "brain."

Mathiäs;9219877 said:
Well yesterday I aced the asvab and passed meps with flying colors (assuming I don't have HIV).

whats ur GT score? don't even think that matters since ur an officer candidate though

whats ur GT score? don't even think that matters since ur an officer candidate though

I was under the impression officer candidates still take the test for MOS placement.

I probably had a higher GT score than most of my officers while in, based off of the stupid shit they did/said. They were overpaid privates imo.

I continually convince my girlfriend she's not fat. We'll go through a couple days where she starts talking about getting on some terrible diet or going anorexic and then I'll slowly but surely get her out of that mindset.

Welcome back! Long time no see!

Also lol you can't "go anorexic"

I was under the impression officer candidates still take the test for MOS placement.

I probably had a higher GT score than most of my officers while in, based off of the stupid shit they did/said. They were overpaid privates imo.

Ive been told by LTs that they don't know what field they are going to be in until they complete OCS, then are randomly chosen to whatever field

They still have to have taken/submitted some form of aptitude test, I would think. They aren't going to stick the 2.0gpa LT in an MOS requiring 110+ GT scores. At least I would hope not, but then again, that would explain a lot.

the ASVAB is probably just for initial entry and that's probably it, and probably true in some cases had a gay west point lt who left thankfully

Krampus has been spotted on reddit!

4Pt14.jpg

What sort of tone are you looking for?

I swear that my DiMarzios are freaking brilliant. Don't go for anything Seymour Duncan. I hate them.

Dimarzio PAF Pros are really good and versatile, my other guitarist uses them in his Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Don't listen to Ananth about Seymour Duncans, I use a JB and Jazz bridge-combo in my more versatile guitar and it sounds great. It's not as hot or high output as the Dimarzios but I don't use that guitar for metal as much. If you're after high output Duncan pickups, go for the Dimebucker, very aggressive.

Check out Bill Lawrence L-500XL pickups and Bare Knuckle Nailbomb pickups as well, they're more expensive than your usual Duncan or Dimarzio but very good. Or you could just go for active EMG pickups and make sure to request the 18V mod (I was an EMG hater until I got the mod done).

Dimarzio PAF Pros are really good and versatile, my other guitarist uses them in his Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Don't listen to Ananth about Seymour Duncans, I use a JB and Jazz bridge-combo in my more versatile guitar and it sounds great. It's not as hot or high output as the Dimarzios but I don't use that guitar for metal as much. If you're after high output Duncan pickups, go for the Dimebucker, very aggressive.

That's what I was aiming at, the PAF Pros. I can play so many different styles with this baby. It's real nice to play crunchy riffs to and are very sensitive to picking up dynamics. So is it just me or do JBs really sound dry?

Or you could just go for active EMG pickups and make sure to request the 18V mod (I was an EMG hater until I got the mod done).

That's the shit :D 81/85 FTW :) But ze Krigs mentioned that he wants passives.

Well I have an 81 in my other guitar, but I dont want to deal with the battery shit in this other guitar.
I want heavieness, but not muddy. Leads but not solos.
Dimebucker is probably the way to go, Id imagine