New Social Thread

The wings post and all posts beyond it have brought many guffaws to Sweet Home Fukuoka. Donkey-like braying resounds throughout the quiet rice fields. A Krampus is giggling.

Hey Dakryn, I was thinking about this the other day from my perspective but I was curious what you would do. Would you ever consider reenlisting in the Corps? I'm always interested in hearing other prior Marine's opinion on whether they'd ever reenlist especially after you've been out for an extended period of time (like me).

Hey Dakryn, I was thinking about this the other day from my perspective but I was curious what you would do. Would you ever consider reenlisting in the Corps? I'm always interested in hearing other prior Marine's opinion on whether they'd ever reenlist especially after you've been out for an extended period of time (like me).

Why not wait till you have a degree and then go back as an officer?

On weekends, if I have weed, there is nothing better than what I like to call the "hippy speedball": smoke a bowl and drink some extra-strong coffee. If the weather is nice that day, then I top it off with a walk. :kickass:

That sounds confusing yet awesome. I am kind of excited about having more access to green things when I come home, but it might be a gateway back into smoking...

No one will ever make me stop smoking Herb, You can't take that away from me. NEVER

Nope. My wife is still in and the shit she has to put up with regularly reminds me why not to.

If I had to go back in, I would go in as an officer.

But between the normal bullshit, and not agreeing with the US foreign policy, thats a big negatory.

Everyone's first enlistment period is pretty lame for the most part. A lot of Marines I was stationed with who re-uped said it's so much better after you get over "the hump" of junior Marine status. There's always going to be bullshit, there's bullshit in every profession. But I understand what you are talking about.

DM what branch were you in?

Everyone's first enlistment period is pretty lame for the most part. A lot of Marines I was stationed with who re-uped said it's so much better after you get over "the hump" of junior Marine status. There's always going to be bullshit, there's bullshit in every profession. But I understand what you are talking about.

I was a NCO for half my enlistment, and a Sergeant for almost the last year and a half, complete with BAH and kickass billet.
Doesn't matter. To re-up you have to drink the fuckin koolaid, and get used to sitting behind a desk listening to PFCs and LCpls explain why they were drinking and driving over the weekend.

And if the highlighted portion is correct, why does every senior staff person I ever heard talk about their favorite time/rank the Marine Corps, its always Sergeant and/or first enlistement.

My girlfriend just got her G2 in the mail today. The best part about that is that I got her G1! HELL YES!

BESTEST part of all is that because I am non contract, have unlimited text, and am getting free internet (mooching rules) - all for $40 because I am not using their 3g network right now. Granted, I can't use the gps or any of that shit on the fly, but I have a real computer, and a printer... I don't need it.