New Social Thread

Just got back from a local show, with a myriad of different kinds of bands. Was awesome. One of the best shows I've seen.

Nah, not just metal. There were a couple hardcore punk bands, a pop-punk band (that did a fun-as-fuck cover of Teenage Dream by Katy Perry :lol:), a southern-hardcore band, and a melodic death metal one.

Never heard a southern hardcore band TBH. Sounds like a pretty cool line-up of acts, other than the pop-punk band, but it sounds like they did a cool cover from what you say. Probably the best fun-as-fuck cover I ever heard was a punk band playing a pop medley (Missy Higgins, Art VS Science, Justin Beiber). It was better than it sounds. ;)

The pop-punk band's not bad actually. A bit generic, but they at least know what they're doing... and don't really take themselves overly serious, it's just really fun tunes. They've covered Ke$ha in the past so I was expecting a "fun" pop cover. :lol:

Also, the southern hardcore band. It's more metalcore tbh, but meh. They're great, regardless IMO.

Pop-punk is okay generally, I just don't like when people treat it as the be-all-end-all of music. There's a Green Day obsession whereas I live, and so I can be pretty disdainful of it.

The scene in Kemptville (where the show was at, bout half-hour from where I actually live) actually isn't bad, they know the good pop punk (Sharks, Four Year Strong, Set Your Goals) from the horrendous (Green Day, other such filth).

Some very hipster looking man with a large head elbowed my friend into the ground in a very odd pop punk mosh pit .. In an old house .. in the ghetto. Very odd evening.