New Social Thread

He gave Cultes Des Ghoules 6.5 points which is extremely insufficient. The album deserves more than 8.0 imo. It's one of those albums that grew on me big time and it always fucking kills my head when I listen to it.

Agreed. I gave it an 85 on m-a's arbitrary numerical scale, but it's still in the queue. I posted it on my site though if you want to read the review.

Onder: Would you please be so kind as to teach me some cool Czech phrases and when to use them? Also if you could enlighten me to the correct pronunciation as well that would be much appreciated.

Well, I guess.. For what occasion?

So krampus, lay down the law here: You're Korean but live in Japan? How come? Do you speak both languages? If not, how do you get by? How come you speak English so well?

These are not questions posed because I want to get inside your pants, but because I genuinely want to know you (and then get inside your pants).

Nice try but like they said I don't wear pants because I have a flat butt and pants don't look nice on flat butts

I'm an American citizen with only a USA passport. I was born in Korea but adopted to an American (white) family when I was a baby so I grew up speaking only English. I teach English in Japan for a living and studied Japanese a bit in college/uni, but I am nowhere near fluent in Japanese. I can do everything I need to and chat with people, but I would die if I tried to read the newspaper or call a tech support hotline.

Onder: Well, for starters, what do you say when casually sliding up to a girl in a bar and want to strike conversation? And how do you say "this beer tastes like shit, but at least it's shit I can drink"?

Thank you for the reply, krampus. Not saying anything about the language skills of the Japanese and/or Koreans, but your English seemed TOO good to be true.

Onder: Well, for starters, what do you say when casually sliding up to a girl in a bar and want to strike conversation? And how do you say "this beer tastes like shit, but at least it's shit I can drink"?

I don't really have a phrase that I say everytime I want to start a conversation tbh. It depends on lot of things. About the beer stuff, I'd say "to pivo je sračka, ale já vypiju všechno", where pivo is beer and já vypiju všechno means I'll drink anything. Sračka = shit, ale = but.

Though I only drink Pilsner Urquell. The pronunciation is the problem here, pivo would be "peevoh" etc., czech is absurdly hard to get right tbh. You would need a teacher or something.

Metal Archives reviews usually fucking blow.

The last two reviews I submitted (Strapping Young Lad - City, and Dimmu - Stormblast 2005) were actually to counter the seemingly endless, mindless dick-sucking that was present in previous reviews.

Thank you for the reply, krampus. Not saying anything about the language skills of the Japanese and/or Koreans, but your English seemed TOO good to be true.

Japanese people are notoriously god-awful at English and Koreans are way better but not as good as me. You assumed correctly!

Ozzman, cool. I fail to sympathize with your jetlag complaints though seeing as my 64-year-old mother recently went 13 hours ahead and didn't get any (jetlag).

Tonight my friend threw a huge party at her restaurant/bar for my mom. There was rockabilly dancing and sanshin (Okinawan shamisen) playing and like 12 courses of food. It was really fun and a wonderful distraction from the fact that while I appear cool as a cucumber and my life seems awesome/organized, I hate everything and am never happy.

Onder: Thanks for the headsup, although I've no idea how to pronounce what you wrote. I knew the word 'pivo' from before, though. Yay me. Might be because I've taken three months of Russian back in high school (not comparing the languages otherwise, mind you.)

Krampus: So if I teach you Swedish will you teach me some English? :)

Make sure you love your face before you bare it for all the world!

@Cronopio you probably know English better than I do, my grammar is atrocious and I never actually learned the intricacies and nuances and rules of the language.

I can't tell if you're serious or not when you say stuff like that :( I hope you're just being self-deprecating for irony's sake