New Social Thread

M-A works again. I have tried to access it yetsterday like 50 times, I wish I'd remember what I was searching. My head is empty like a fucking baloon.

Metal Archives have always sucked in regards to availability. The server's down more often than it's not, and the elitism on the boards is staggering. Still, as far as information goes, it's pretty much unbeatable.

Metal Archives reviews usually fucking blow.

Usually, but sometimes there are reviews that are neither riddled with horrific abuses of the English language nor composed entirely of breathless hyperbole. Some of these are actually well-written, thoughtful, interesting, and useful. In particular, autothrall's reviews (nowadays about 50% of all the reviews submitted are from him) are almost always worth reading. I aim to improve the overall quality of the site.

My review wasn't rejected, btw, it just seems that nothing's happened with it at all. I've submitted reviews before and only been rejected temporarily because of formatting issues. Given the sort of drivel that gets accepted (I've seen at least one review that was literally gibberish) it's kind of insulting to get rejected for content.

I still hope whichever mod rejected The Restless Breed (UK), Devoured (UK), and Divine Sinn (UK) gets butt bleeding from an angry bear one day.

autothrall writes too much and I feel he doesn't absorb the album enough sometimes before he regurgitates his thoughts. Quality over quantity. I just submitted my Cultes des Ghoules review to counter his. Bastard. BTW my reviews on the site are the best ldo.

Oh wow, someone else submitted The Restless Breed and they're up there now.

Cunts.

Goes to show I was right about them though.

autothrall writes too much and I feel he doesn't absorb the album enough sometimes before he regurgitates his thoughts. Quality over quantity. I just submitted my Cultes des Ghoules review to counter his. Bastard. BTW my reviews on the site are the best ldo.

He does kinda spew a lot of background stuff that isn't strictly relevant...perhaps I'm too lenient simply because his reviews don't conjure up an image of a basement-dwelling neckbeard drooling on himself. I tend to read his opinions on older classics, where his opinion may be more fully formed. I find his writing generally engaging, although it sometimes devolves into him trying to be cute (or whatever the metal version of cute is), and he generally holds albums to fairly reasonable standards. He might be better off if he didn't submit quite so many reviews and took a little more time with them.

I would agree with all of that. I honestly don't read too many of his reviews simply because he writes so many. Ironically, I would be more inclined to read his reviews if he wrote less. These days I just assume 70% of the reviews in the "newest reviews" section are his. Admittedly, amongst the more prolific reviewers, he's certainly one of the best, and his writing style is not bad when it's not forced.

YES!! Fucking 1-point lead with 8 seconds left in OT, holy shit that was epic!

I don't normally give a shit about basketball but I can't help being pumped that my alma mater is a first-time NCAA quarterfinalist :kickass:

He gave Cultes Des Ghoules 6.5 points which is extremely insufficient. The album deserves more than 8.0 imo. It's one of those albums that grew on me big time and it always fucking kills my head when I listen to it.

@Master_Yoda: My girlfriend's friend from school looks after dogs for money and we were out today w/ a dog whose name was Herr Schmidt. I thought that was funny and unusual.

What happened? Did someone try to mug him?

I'm not sure of any details, all I know is that he got shot in the head, he was put on life support and they kept him on it until his mother could come say goodbye to him and then he passed on :/ I was thinking about it in the shower how you imagine dying by being in a room with everyone you love and they come hug you and say goodbye and then you just die....but 99% of the time that doesn't happen