New Social Thread

What? Who said shit about me?
And since when have I cared? I would have slit my wrists a long time ago if that were the case. :lol:
Anyway, someone give me money so I can buy more guitar shit.

I am sad Marina left. I enjoyed her posts even though she's dumb for not "getting" The Cult.

Is Omni a mommy now?

Also FFS don't forget Raina, she's awesome.

I always thought Omni was a fake hipster. She was fairly new to metal when she came here, and her lists of metal preference were too perfect to be genuine. This led me to think that she had a better understanding of what music one is supposed to like than of the music itself. Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, Jag Panzer and whateverthefuck, all good bands but not something you get into just like that if you start as a 20-something-year-old in year 200X.

I always thought Omni was a fake hipster. She was fairly new to metal when she came here, and her lists of metal preference were too perfect to be genuine. This led me to think that she had a better understanding of what music one is supposed to like than of the music itself. Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, Jag Panzer and whateverthefuck, all good bands but not something you get into just like that if you start as a 20-something-year-old in year 200X.

Considering I had a lot to do with showing her metal bands to listen to, I think I can vouch for the authenticity of her taste in metal. And yeah, as far as I know she should be married and have a child by now. But I haven't heard from her in about as long as anybody else has and I suspect that we probably won't ever hear from her again, so I don't see much point in continually bringing up a person that's no longer involved here.

Considering I had a lot to do with showing her metal bands to listen to, I think I can vouch for the authenticity of her taste in metal. And yeah, as far as I know she should be married and have a child by now. But I haven't heard from her in about as long as anybody else has and I suspect that we probably won't ever hear from her again, so I don't see much point in continually bringing up a person that's no longer involved here.

Brings up sad memories right? Memories of broken heart. How could she?

I don't think it's unheard of for people new to metal to be listening to the "right" bands. Especially in metal I notice that many people are seeking acceptance by listening to the right bands and not listening to the wrong bands.

That's just it. There ARE no right or wrong bands. There are just bands. If you truly care about what other people think of you based on the music you listen to, you should start building on your self confidence.

That's just it. There ARE no right or wrong bands. There are just bands.

That's the way it should be but unfortunately, it's not the way it works. Listening to certain bands will get you kvlt points and you'll have "good taste" in music, and listening to others will lead the herd to say you have "bad taste" in music. If you listen to black metal and pop for example, you won't be taken seriously. So if you're seeking acceptance there's a easy route to take. I assume this is where the term "hipster" comes into play, when you're listening to the right bands or embrace the right trends.

If you truly care about what other people think of you based on the music you listen to, you should start building on your self confidence.

Exactly. People should listen to what they like regardless of what others think.