New Social Thread

There are bands that are considered right though, then it's up to each and everyone to decide what value they want to put in that. Perhaps what bothers me most in these perfect cases isn't the bands that are there, but rather the total absence of 'wrong' bands. Everyone at least has some kind of 'uncool' gateway band or album that sticks with them. For me that's Metallica's Black Album, for example.

I love Pestilence - Spheres and I love Nuclear Assault - Out of Order. They are considered to be the "bad" albums by these bands.

I listen to many uncool bands and I still listen to every band I've ever been a fan of. Probably because I've never been partial to trends or cared what others thought so I've never had any reason to disregard a band after listening to them for a period of time. If I became a fan of a band it was certainly not without a reason justifiable to myself.

I remember this one guy made this lengthy post about how the more obscure and unlistenable the Black Metal is, the better it is, and how listening to it is more rewarding than listening to any other type of music because of the effort it requires to appreciate it.

That's how I spawned the idea of a genre of music so obscure that even the people who made it don't know about it. People get in a studio and use substances that cause memory loss and just play music, release it onto the internet, and delete it off of their computers. Someone could then say they're the ONLY person that knows about a certain band.

But guys, how will I know how metal I am if I'm not listening to the right stuff? Can I cash in my metal archives points for street cred!?

But I can only get to veteran rank by knowing more about obscure bullshit than anyone else! This isn't fair!!

Yanni can't escape his macho Greek side:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/celebrity/music/yanni

How is Omni a fake hipster? If you are new to metal and read forums, you see the bands Runk listed praised all over the place and think "gee, I should listen to them since they are obviously massive influences on recent bands of the 2000s." Is this anything but the logical and possibly "smartest" way to acquaint yourself with metal?