New Social Thread

Those guys are great trolls. Especially this lady who keeps on smiling no matter what people say to her:

ShirleyPhelpsRoper.jpg

Well, I got a job today. It's only part-time, and it's adjunct instructing, but it's what I've been trying to do. I'll be teaching two classes twice a week for St. Pete College (Western Humanities and Humanities East/West Synthesis), and possibly a third on Wednesday evenings.

Those guys are great trolls.

I agree. I've always thought right-wingers were the best trolls, with Rush Limbaugh being a prime example. His Michael J. Fox impersonation is an absolute classic in the history of trolling.

Einherjar86 said:
Well, I got a job today. It's only part-time, and it's adjunct instructing, but it's what I've been trying to do. I'll be teaching two classes twice a week for St. Pete College (Western Humanities and Humanities East/West Synthesis), and possibly a third on Wednesday evenings.

Congratulations. I'm trying to do the same thing right now. I had an interview yesterday with a new college out here, and there's a possibility that I could interview for another one nearby. It was a tough interview, and I'm competing with other people from my department and I know who they are and I know they're not dumb, so I don't expect to get this job.

I really hated that video. Fuck Mustaine for demonstrating the damn devil's tritone (they didn't even reference Sabbath) and fuck him for claiming he's armed with the truth.

Congratulations. I'm trying to do the same thing right now. I had an interview yesterday with a new college out here, and there's a possibility that I could interview for another one nearby. It was a tough interview, and I'm competing with other people from my department and I know who they are and I know they're not dumb, so I don't expect to get this job.

Thanks man; and good luck!

heading down to Rosarito Beach in Mexico tomorrow with the girlfriend. her family has a timeshare type house five minutes from the beach. stoked.

Just got through another interview at a restaurant for a bartender/server position. Seems like everything went well although I feel like most of the employers are wary of my slight ny/brooklyn accent. It still amazes me how civilized and private this place is. I ran into someone earlier and the guy apologized to me lol I'm used to getting into a confrontation or even a fight every other day.

Ah, well, about to go get a drink and maybe brunch by the pier.

Shootings and bombs in and around Oslo, with at least 7 people dead. :erk:

:EDIT:

Apparently that's just from the bomb. On Norwegian tv they're saying up to 25 people might have been shot dead on a youth camp on an island.

jesus christ

I saw the pictures on reddit but didn't know some people had died. Any news on what/who it might be?

Some group called 'Helpers of Global Jihad' has made some claim to it. However, the gunman on the island appears to be Norwegian, so who knows yet.

The police has confirmed that the gunman is a 32-year-old ethnic Norwegian. He is also said to have been seen at the site of the bombing before the shootings. It's possible he's some kind of crazed loner.

Here he is

gc3a4rningsmannen-pc3a5-utc3b6ya-utanfc3b6r-oslo-beskuren.jpeg

Seeing as all the people who were targeted were affiliated with the political left, is it possible he's a neo-nazi?

edit, looks like he was, possibly.