New Social Thread

I'm seriously considering studying a foreign language next semester. The problem is I'm torn between German, French, and Italian. I think I prefer them in that order, but I can't decide.

Italian is supposed to be easiest and French people wont want to practice with you because you'll be sodomizing their language with your tasteless anglo-american ways.

He`s studying engineering and involved in the sciences. Why would you recommend French over German

Ya, that's why I was leaning more towards German. Speaking of which, I just found out my school offers a dual engineering/German degree and you get to study abroad for six months. I think I'm going to check in to this. Did your school offer anything like this?

I'm seriously considering studying a foreign language next semester. The problem is I'm torn between German, French, and Italian. I think I prefer them in that order, but I can't decide.

Study German, it will make you want to switch to Mandarin because the grammar is so fuckingawfulomg --> barely any grammar at all!

Ya, that's why I was leaning more towards German. Speaking of which, I just found out my school offers a dual engineering/German degree and you get to study abroad for six months. I think I'm going to check in to this. Did your school offer anything like this?

Not for my major which had such a small enrollment to start with. I wasn't in the sexy mechanical or process engineering majors. I know they had multitudes of different co-ops and 'degree enhancements' you could take.

My 'degree enhancements' consisted of spending time at the National Disease Control Center and going to Plum Island.

Wheew I passed. Unfortunately two of my classmates didn't, so they were told to pack their bags and leave. What's even worse is that they were hired by another company for this program; one which requires them to pay the company back several thousands of euros for the expenses they've paid for. Talk about a shitty situation.

Is this for that job in the Netherlands?

All right I was just asking, there's no hard feelings if you really don't want to reply. I just thought it would be interesting to hear, since I seem to remember you mentioning something along the lines of getting employed for some aviation-related stuff in the Netherlands.