New Social Thread

Last day of class for the semester. Feels good.

When I get home I'm having a glass of whiskey.

Cheers! My last Greek class is tomorrow and I hand out the final exam on Monday. After that I've got a nice month-and-a-half vacation before I teach scientific writing/Latin-Greek terminology for my summer job. Iowa in August!

A math, english, and (american) history. Bleh. Anything remotely interesting was already filled up by [current] students and these are required courses anyway.

Yeah, it's always better to knock the gen-eds out early anyway.

Yeah, the summer semester is already somewhat condensed, and then I signed up for more accelerated classes than the standard ones. Hopefully it doesn't backfire lol, but I've already taken these before (a long time ago), so it shouldn't be too hard to refresh.

Basically I'm in school for only 2 months out of the summer, I'm starting in the end of May and I'll be done before August.

finals week, just got back from an extended weekend in new york where is saw some of the most incredible music of my life (wayne shorter, kenny garrett, ravi coltrane etc.) crazy week ahead, had a recording session last night right after i got back, music juries tomorrow, eric whitacre workshop thursday....

from our session last night..check it out! I play guitar, kind of horribly albeit i was dead from my trip by that point :0

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fpcoAVG4tY&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]

Well, I'm having surgery tonight. I have a circulatory problem in my leg where apparently the blood doesn't flow like it should; it's obstructed by a faulty valve. So they're going in and removing the valve.

I called this morning and asked if there's anything I need to do beforehand or any details I need to know. The receptionist said: "Nope. You can drive yourself to and from. Just make sure you don't come on an empty stomach."

This is already unlike any surgery I've ever had before.

Well, I'm having surgery tonight. I have a circulatory problem in my leg where apparently the blood doesn't flow like it should; it's obstructed by a faulty valve. So they're going in and removing the valve.

I called this morning and asked if there's anything I need to do beforehand or any details I need to know. The receptionist said: "Nope. You can drive yourself to and from. Just make sure you don't come on an empty stomach."

This is already unlike any surgery I've ever had before.

Wtf lol

Good luck man.

Thanks man. I believe it's because I'm not being put under for the surgery, but instead only using local anaesthesia. I'm not really sure though, so it's still strange to me.