New Social Thread

I don't think they explicitly promised privacy, but they didn't have any kind of disclaimer or openly say "we can and probably will sell the information you give us to advertisers."

Or at least they didn't when I signed up for about five or six years ago.

I was referring more to the position they took a while back that even if you delete stuff off your profile, they still have it. They backed off and said they would only keep it for 2 weeks further, but why believe them? Who's checking up on what happens to the data after you deactivate your account?

Zuckerberg has voiced open disdain for privacy concerns, so why should I believe FB took the concerns seriously?

Facebook is like just about everything else; you get what you put into it. It's not evil.
This is a good point. Use it for you want and if you don't want that kind of social network, then don't use it. I think it's a bit disingenuous of people to complain about it and all the stupid ways people use it. That sounds to me like wanting to feel better than other people for petty reasons.

This is a good point. Use it for you want and if you don't want that kind of social network, then don't use it. I think it's a bit disingenuous of people to complain about it and all the stupid ways people use it. That sounds to me like wanting to feel better than other people for petty reasons.

I revile it as a penitent sinner against his sins. I form bad habits very easily and it was taking its toll.

I was referring more to the position they took a while back that even if you delete stuff off your profile, they still have it. They backed off and said they would only keep it for 2 weeks further, but why believe them? Who's checking up on what happens to the data after you deactivate your account?

Zuckerberg has voiced open disdain for privacy concerns, so why should I believe FB took the concerns seriously?

I think by law they're supposed to delete it and/or send it to us, if we make a request.

really dude? WTF for doing it and WTFX2 for even mentioning it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

There's a level of intentional sarcastic extremes I took it there. Obviously I would not go around boasting about stabbing people even if I ever actually did stab someone. The point was simply that talking about smoking pot on fb with a friend will very unlikely garner the laws attention.

EDIT: But Jimmy, don't question me. And don't you fucking fuck with me. I'll cut you. I'll cut you hard and deep.

Anyone here ever had lyme disease and got really bloated as a result? I've been on meds for a week and my gut has gotton real distended so maybe is's a possible side effect from the pills?

That sounds like a side-effect. I had it a while back, and that didn't happen to me.

Good evening ladies and gents! :)

I hope you don't mind but I am new to this very forum and I only wanted to introduce myself and hopefully become acquainted with the lot of ya friendly folks.

My name is Rob and I'm just passing through to say "hello." Hope you guys don't mind a new face around here..

There's a level of intentional sarcastic extremes I took it there. Obviously I would not go around boasting about stabbing people even if I ever actually did stab someone. The point was simply that talking about smoking pot on fb with a friend will very unlikely garner the laws attention.

EDIT: But Jimmy, don't question me. And don't you fucking fuck with me. I'll cut you. I'll cut you hard and deep.

You sound like you belong to the cretinism of a Slipknot fan forum.

FUfhj.gif

zabu of nΩd;10319723 said:
Not at all, welcome and enjoy. Just keep in mind that there are some real characters here, haha

Thank you kindly! And yeah, no worries for I'm certainly aware that the internet tends to harbor some very eccentric personalities. Yet I guess I chose to participate in this forum because unlike the other forums, there seems to be no troll activity.. unless of course my mentioning it ends up jinxing the livelihood of this place, lol..

But anyway, many thanks for the welcome! :)