New Social Thread

hey folks! i just joined and want to chat. i'm having a nice, very early morning. i love all styles of music and all styles of metal if it sounds good to me. music is what you do.

also, i went to the zoo today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything here is so cool
Everything here so blue
I can remember it as from a dream
In a Wave of this time!
Surfing shapes float by, out from the sea
I remember here it was were I dived
By following the Surfin' Moon

So, I ventured into the "RATE WHAT THE PERSON ABOVE..." thread in Internet Explorer since I don't want Firefox to crash, and as such there were advertizements. In particular, there are four hot MILFs (well more like 3 plus a grannie) in seductive positions with the caption "WE DON'T LIKE YOUNG MEN". wtf?

So, I ventured into the "RATE WHAT THE PERSON ABOVE..." thread in Internet Explorer since I don't want Firefox to crash, and as such there were advertizements. In particular, there are four hot MILFs (well more like 3 plus a grannie) in seductive positions with the caption "WE DON'T LIKE YOUNG MEN". wtf?
AdBlock
inlove.gif

It's shit like this that really makes me appreciate it.

Been shifting strategies as regards my neurological travails. Started taking Magnesium and Fish Oil supplements, and today bought some Choline in anticipation of some Piracetam showing up in the mail soon.

All that stuff is recommended in tandem with Adderall, but do a good deal of cognitive benefits on their own. I went back on Adderall a week ago and while the first couple days went very well, things went downhill steadily since, to the point where yesterday it was making me do nothing but be tweaked out, nervous and mentally blank (this has been a pattern, I've determined). I got like an hour of sleep last night and today's day one of another little detox period before meeting with my psychiatrist on Friday.

Been shifting strategies as regards my neurological travails. Started taking Magnesium and Fish Oil supplements, and today bought some Choline in anticipation of some Piracetam showing up in the mail soon.

All that stuff is recommended in tandem with Adderall, but do a good deal of cognitive benefits on their own. I went back on Adderall a week ago and while the first couple days went very well, things went downhill steadily since, to the point where yesterday it was making me do nothing but be tweaked out, nervous and mentally blank (this has been a pattern, I've determined). I got like an hour of sleep last night and today's day one of another little detox period before meeting with my psychiatrist on Friday.

Natural route > pharmaceuticals.

i agree with Overwatch in reference to Zephyrus
the pharmaceuticals are apparently not working for Zephyrus as well as they work for other people
for Zephyrus specifically, the "natural route" seems to be the way to go here

Damn Hurricane Sandy is probably the first time I incorrectly underestimated a storm. Lower Manhattan is without power or water, my dorms were evacuated. Thankfully I have my cousin in Queens to stay with.

The good news is...classes are cancelled forever.

So in a moment of clarity this morning I cooked up an analogy that may apply to what's been going on with me. Treating depression with stimulants is like driving a car with engine problems at highway speed. Sure, it might get you to your destination faster, but the result is a doubly fucked up engine.

Going to ask my psychiatrist today to start me on Wellbutrin before any I sustain any more damage.

NO. NO. NO.

Wellbutrin sucks and it's not the answer. Neither is Magnesium, although it will make you shit your brains out. And Pirecetam doesn't do much either, I have some of my own. I'm going to insist on a personal re-evaluation and a changed world view, a few revelations, and a spiritual awakening.

No amount of pharmaceuticals will fix what is broken without making you dependent or damaging you more in the long-term. And no psychiatrist can prescribe a magic pill.

NO. NO. NO.

Wellbutrin sucks and it's not the answer. Neither is Magnesium, although it will make you shit your brains out. And Pirecetam doesn't do much either, I have some of my own. I'm going to insist on a personal re-evaluation and a changed world view, a few revelations, and a spiritual awakening.

No amount of pharmaceuticals will fix what is broken without making you dependent or damaging you more in the long-term. And no psychiatrist can prescribe a magic pill.

I've done some research on Wellbutrin and the potential for memory loss is alarming since that's what I was hoping to treat.

I'm at a total loss as to what to do now. I'm depressed, anxious and my working memory, short-term memory, long-term memory, you name it, are downright shot. The past three days I've been on no medication at all (though with some of the supplements) and each day has been worse. I'm like the walking dead at this point.

I came into the office an hour ago, and was about to start writing a 5-page assignment due Monday. I ended up staring at the computer, blankly. My head's on fire, I can't think at all.

Anything I try to do for it makes things worse, or else deludes me for a while then backfires. For example, there's some Adderall I can take right away and it might work for a bit, or it might just tweak me out and make me more anxious.

I just want to run outside and jump off a cliff. Good thing Iowa doesn't have cliffs.

I feel like you cannot correctly underestimate something.

If you underestimate something, it means you think its not gonna be as ____ as the majority says it will be. If said something is indeed proven to be or have been not as ____ as the majority presumed, you were correct in correctly underestimating. balls.

No, if you underestimate something, it means your estimation was incorrect. If you estimate that there are 3 jelly beans in a jar full of 3000 jelly beans, then you underestimate it.

interdasting.jpg