New Social Thread

So, out of boredom, I applied for a credit card again. The first time I got denied because I had no credit or no proof of history. You know, an income. That was at American Express, by the way. Just about two weeks ago, I applied for one. Capital One and I got it. Did they make a mistake? I am actually excited to have it and I will use it wisely, but I am just surprised by this.

Thanks. I plan on being really careful with it. But I don't think I will be using it until I have a job. My mom said she will loan me the money until I get a job. I been applying like crazy.

On the job topic, I was pleasantly surprised (well, at least surprised) to find a message on my phone from this company I had a phone interview with about a month ago. They sent me a positive-sounding e-mail right after the interview, but kept me in the dark ever since then, so I was beginning to think it was yet another false alarm. I gotta call this lady back tomorrow and find out what's up. This is definitely the most interest I've ever gotten from an employer other than the two I've already worked for.

The best thing about it is I didn't even find this company on my own - they contacted me first after seeing my Monster profile. I haven't put out a job application in months. :lol:

Speaking of credit cards, I got an offer for one from Bank of America, with no annual fee's, so should I go for it or just stick with a debit card. I want to build up credit but don't really know much about it.

So, out of boredom, I applied for a credit card again. The first time I got denied because I had no credit or no proof of history. You know, an income. That was at American Express, by the way. Just about two weeks ago, I applied for one. Capital One and I got it. Did they make a mistake? I am actually excited to have it and I will use it wisely, but I am just surprised by this.
I wouldn't recommend applying for a credit card out of boredom. if you get too bored and lose the credit card, someone will have a fun time taking your financial history away.:loco:
I just use a Visa debit card that's tied to my bank account. That's really the best way to go.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa-braces-for-severe-storm-hail/story-e6frg1rc-1225843883475

Perth, WA got pwnt by a storm yesterday. I was in uni when the lecture stopped due to the emergency alarm beeping (some idiots actually thought it was a joke and went to ask the lecturer questions). It was hailing the size of golfballs, pissing down with rain for about 2 hours. Apparently Riverside Drive was knee deep in water, the whole road stretch of cars was broken down, a few suburbs had been fucked by small tornado, some friend's houses had been flooded and cars dented by the hail. My house has been out of power for awhile, and it might take 2 days to restore it. I'm at uni now, I haven't had a change of clothes. No where near as bad as Hurricane Katrina, but apparently the worst storm Perth's had in 50 years.

Oh, how I love mother nature constantly reminds us that we're all her bitches.

On a better note: My band Khariot's The Hermit track is going to be played on National Radio tonight. :headbang:

I just woke up. I have not been getting around to anything. I don't think I am depressed or anything, but just a little lazy. But, things for me has been pretty good, especially this guy situation. I feel good about myself. 7 more weeks of school, but 9 weeks until graduation. I cannot wait.

You forgot to put "Dear Diary" at the beginning.

Alive and kicking :lol:

Where did krampus go?

Thanks dude! Been wondering the same about krampus, but most female posters don't usually last very long on these forums. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Neurotica around either.

Man the stars, moons and space ziggurats are all aligned.

I've been spending way too much time on the Internet and took a break but it's spring break at work now which means I have ZERO to do all day every day. Nice to see my absence has been noticed. How has everyone been? Any major shitstorms? Is st3phani3333333 in good hands?