New Social Thread

I just found out from my mother, which she kept it a secret to me for almost a year, that a friend of mine who had the same type of cancer that i had, and shared the room in my early hospital days, has passed away. I fell a little bit of depressed. He was a pretty good guy. His brother donated blood for me when i was in urgent need of it. The cause of his death was, his immunity never increased to normal levels, and as i remember, he was having troubles with sinusitis. He was having surgeries every 2 or 3 days. Obviously, those infections spread through his brain and he died.

That's awful to hear. Cancer is something I wouldn't wish on anyone, not even Ann Coulter.

Does anyone here know when a classical piece becomes public domain, or to make sure im using proper terminology, free for anyone to use/reproduce ect? Is it ever possible If I for example, recorded a beethoven piece and sold it, just like that? Also, If a work is free to use, and has been recorded by another group ( lets say an orchestra), is that free to use/reproduce? the reason I am asking is because I want to make samples of string parts and ambiance and blahhhhhhh. SOrry its late at night

Does anyone here know when a classical piece becomes public domain, or to make sure im using proper terminology, free for anyone to use/reproduce ect? Is it ever possible If I for example, recorded a beethoven piece and sold it, just like that? Also, If a work is free to use, and has been recorded by another group ( lets say an orchestra), is that free to use/reproduce? the reason I am asking is because I want to make samples of string parts and ambiance and blahhhhhhh. SOrry its late at night

I think its 75 years or something like that, but I could be wrong. Though I'm not sure if it would be free to use by an orchestra that played the song.

I just found out from my mother, which she kept it a secret to me for almost a year, that a friend of mine who had the same type of cancer that i had, and shared the room in my early hospital days, has passed away. I fell a little bit of depressed. He was a pretty good guy. His brother donated blood for me when i was in urgent need of it. The cause of his death was, his immunity never increased to normal levels, and as i remember, he was having troubles with sinusitis. He was having surgeries every 2 or 3 days. Obviously, those infections spread through his brain and he died.

We're all dying. fuck it

I was sittin' flickin' chickens
And I'm looking through the pickins'
When suddenly these guys break down my walls
I didn't even know them
And they grab me by the scrotum
And they started playing ping-pong with my balls!

Oy the agony
Oh the shame
To make your privates public for a game!

I was sitting in a temple
I was minding my own business
I was listening to a lovely Hebrew mass
Then these papist persons plunge in
And they throw me in the dungeon
And they shove a red-hot poker up my ass!

Is that considerate?
Is that polite?
And not a tube of Preparation-H in sight!

I believe this is a most appropriate time to ask, wtf is your avatar vihris?

happy bday! I also just realized how funny your sig is.

In social news, hung out with some cool new people tonight! A Japanese couple where the girl speaks flawless English and her boyfriend is silent but loves talking to/meeting foreigners, and a British dude from York who somehow has an American accent and a lot of silly tattoos and is trying to convince his 10 year old students to like Slayer and NIN.