New Social Thread

I had a lovely Golden Week (holiday period), Hiroshima was great as always, the train nerd in me got way too excited to ride the JR 500, played Guitar Hero for the first time in months, saw a bunch of great people, spent quality time with the bf, and the obvious highlight was that yesterday at Iwakuni USMC Friendship Day I had TACO GODDAMN BELL. It wasn't even particularly good, but I haven't eaten at the Bell in 2 years or so!

In a couple minutes I have to leave the house to go to work, where I will promptly return to my status quo as a zombie.

BLARARGHHH

Sorry to hear about the breakup Ozzman. Don't get back with her, anyone who is flaky enough to dump someone and then try to get back with them is probably too flaky. King Drunkard does indeed sound like an oversimplifying meathead but there is truth in his words and intentions.

So did you get to actually go onto Iwakuni or was it some sort of booth?

Either way, if the Corps is trying to make friends using Taco Bell, I can see why the Japanese want them gone. :lol:

Sorry to hear about the breakup Ozzman. Don't get back with her, anyone who is flaky enough to dump someone and then try to get back with them is probably too flaky. King Drunkard does indeed sound like an oversimplifying meathead but there is truth in his words and intentions.

You're damn right I'm right. Welcome back!

So did you get to actually go onto Iwakuni or was it some sort of booth?

Either way, if the Corps is trying to make friends using Taco Bell, I can see why the Japanese want them gone. :lol:

Much of the base was actually opened, Taco Bell wasn't being hawked, only those in the know bothered to go find it.

They put on a nice airshow with silly skyliners drawing hearts and shit. Most of the Marines I met were pretty cool guys (the women are far too scary to approach), a lot of them actually bothered to make friends with Japanese people and speak some Japanese versus the Navy in Sasebo where there is a silent rule that learning Japanese makes you a gay.

Much of the base was actually opened, Taco Bell wasn't being hawked, only those in the know bothered to go find it.

They put on a nice airshow with silly skyliners drawing hearts and shit. Most of the Marines I met were pretty cool guys (the women are far too scary to approach), a lot of them actually bothered to make friends with Japanese people and speak some Japanese versus the Navy in Sasebo where there is a silent rule that learning Japanese makes you a gay.

That's cool. My brother in law is stationed there. Lots of Marines have yellow fever so of course they will seem friendly. :p

I have exams this week, I've been busy studying a lot of Spanish lately. I graduate in 10 days, maybe I'll post more then. :)

I graduate in 15 days. How about that? Mine is only high school though. I am only having 1 final exam though. Well, I had two, but I did the one today. I had to build a model airplane. It was a test to see if we can follow diretions. And the other two, they won't have finals. Good luck and congratulations.

Mathiäs;9072246 said:
Yes, because they most certainly are not friendly normally

Touche.

@Krampus: In general I agree. The average for attractive Marine females/groupies is about 1 in 15 (guesstimate). But I married a female Marine so I can't talk to much shit about them. Although I still bash military females in general even to her.

Well female Marines prefer that to their many other nicknames. I could have just said WMs I guess. Also, whats with the "Council of the Red Dusk(?)" banner?