New to Opeth

Birkenau said:
Those are the worst albums.

how is morningrise one of the "worst" albums, when you have deliverance, still life and mayh (along with ghost reveries and damnation ofcourse).

3 best:
morningrise
orchid
blackwater park

in that order.

well, if you like what you hear on the newer albums....then you should check out my arms you hearse through ghost reveries first....then go back and check out orchid and morningrise....my three favorite albums are probably mayh, still life, and bwp.

3 albums: Blackwater Park, My Arms Your Hearse and Ghost Reveries.
I'd never heard death metal vocals or Opeth before I listened to The Drapery Falls (off Blackwater Park), and it made me totally fall in love with Opeth :D

their heaviest is Deliverance, lightest is Damnation.

For three albums, I'd say:
Morningrise
Still Life
Deliverance

because that will give you a good variety of Opeth's sounds

Top 3 is hard to pick...

Blackwater Park is number one.. that's easy enough.

I love Still Life, so for me, I would have to put it in at number two.

Number three would be the hardest. Damnation is a masterpeice, and I think its well worth owning. But it is really closely tied with Ghost Reveries and Deliverance. I would also feel guilty about leaving out My Arms your Hearse.

i have to say Opeth made me discover music. The song that did it was the leper affinity. actually when i first heard it. i was like, this sounds like shit. Then my friend left his cd (blackwater park) at my house and i was going to russia the next day. So i decided to take it too moscow with me, I had no other cds except Tool. And i listened to it over and over without realising because i made myself listen to the whole album so i coudl go back and say i dont like it. But it changed my life. I then booked my tickets too see them soon afterwards. GET IT ALL! If you dont appreciate each and every album now, you will in time, because you will feel like you want a bit of a change every now and then.

affinityband said:
i have to say Opeth made me discover music. The song that did it was the leper affinity. actually when i first heard it. i was like, this sounds like shit. Then my friend left his cd (blackwater park) at my house and i was going to russia the next day. So i decided to take it too moscow with me, I had no other cds except Tool. And i listened to it over and over without realising because i made myself listen to the whole album so i coudl go back and say i dont like it. But it changed my life. I then booked my tickets too see them soon afterwards. GET IT ALL! If you dont appreciate each and every album now, you will in time, because you will feel like you want a bit of a change every now and then.
Sweet man, great idea.:)