new varg interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the Superman Theory, pertaining to extraordinary humans. I love how one reads Nietzsche and almost randomly throws it in arrogantly.

AznKiser: it's fucken idiotic and arrogant when someone reads, what, like Crime and Punishment and suddenly they know about Nietzsche's superman theory.
superwanbini: haha, I just finished reading Crime and Punishment.
AznKiser: haha read that over the summer
superwanbini: on my own time, mind you. I was looking into classic Russian lit.
superwanbini: HAY, MAYBE I SHOULD PUT IT IN MY SIGNATURE, SO I CAN LOOK SMART, LOL

SchwarzReich said:
It is the cause of the breakdown of any rational argument. 99% of the world is made up by the weak and the strong, all of which are related by the fear they feel. This fear is a catalyst for their actions - fear of death leaves the weak to come up with intricate plans for the future in order to defeat the strong, and the strong will forever defend their will in whichever moment they happen to be in with little thought to the future, as the future, they realise, will most probably result in a loss of their power.

The other 1% is the superman for lack of a better words, perhaps the Ubermensch will do. The Ubermensch accept the world around them as reality and therefore have no fear. They dont try to run and hide from the reality of life, they accept it. They accept that death, among other things, are simply a part of life.

Can you tell I'm being inspired by Nietzsche?

:rolleyes:

Jean-Pierre said:
AznKiser: it's fucken idiotic and arrogant when someone reads, what, like Crime and Punishment and suddenly they know about Nietzsche's superman theory.
superwanbini: haha, I just finished reading Crime and Punishment.
AznKiser: haha read that over the summer
superwanbini: on my own time, mind you. I was looking into classic Russian lit.
superwanbini: HAY, MAYBE I SHOULD PUT IT IN MY SIGNATURE, SO I CAN LOOK SMART, LOL

I just realized how moronic my screename looks.

SchwarzReich said:
The other 1% is the superman for lack of a better words, perhaps the Ubermensch will do. The Ubermensch accept the world around them as reality and therefore have no fear. They dont try to run and hide from the reality of life, they accept it. They accept that death, among other things, are simply a part of life.

Can you tell I'm being inspired by Nietzsche?

Ahhhh yes! Nietzsche's last-ditch effort to cling to the (Christian-like) saviour concept. How fucking original.

SchwarzReich said:
Is that any worse than people rationalising their existence on a book written 2000 years ago???

To the statement about the romantacism in norse mythologies... If someone believes that the Norse mythologies are relevant today and use them toward their own means, is that no different than someone reading something in here and using that new knowledge to their own ends?

www.schwarzreich.cjb.net

No, and was I ever suggesting the Bible as an alternative?

I don't have a problem with him or anyone else using myths and books to rationalise the modern world - although it is pretty escapist and ironically not Nietzche's idea of the superman "seeing the world as it is" or whatever - but if he tries to explain the world in the interview as if this mythology is any more believable than others, then he isn't exactly making himself out to be all that intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.