News about the CD

Back to the original thread; this album is so far past its original projected release "period" that I smell a surprise. A huge, mind-blowing, no one knew a damn thing about it, holy mother, wtf, omg, crap your pants surprise. And it's gonna be a howdy doody big 'un. I just feel it. Man, how sweet it will be if this thing drops right about the start of the NFL season. All this mystery is a huge turn-on.........

Doubt it, don't get your hopes up

Yeah, it's not like there was a huge surprise when PL came out. Like 5 years between Odyssey and PL.... I would love it if they took a step back in the style they're playing. I mean not as "rough" and "heavy" sounding. Eventhough I know they like what they're doing now...

Yeah, it's not like there was a huge surprise when PL came out. Like 5 years between Odyssey and PL.... I would love it if they took a step back in the style they're playing. I mean not as "rough" and "heavy" sounding. Eventhough I know they like what they're doing now...

Really, I'm not expecting this album this year, and don't think it's gonna be different from paradise lost, as the band said the direction they would give the album would be like PL.

I don't wanna speculate much, but (for fun's sake) my guess is that it will be released by the end of this year and that it will be a more dynamic and proggier PL.

The song themes won't be that connected with each other. They will try to keep it versatile at this point and try to show each of their sides: the proggy side, the power side, the neoclassical 'Damnation Game' side, and the heavy PL-like direction which they'll most probably maintain. Expect some heavy-ass tracks; but also expect some slow tasteful passages, acoustic guitars, and soft singing. There will be no orchestral prelude, but there might be an epic 20 minute track.

I think it will be something like

1. 2 minute orchestral into
2. 6 minute pop song
3. filler
4. filler
5. decent ballad
6. filler
7. decent heavy track
8. filler
9. another decent ballad
10. an okay 10-minute song with an anti-climatic ending

but I'm hoping

1. 1 minute acoustic intro
2. 7 minute pompous melodic keyboard-heavy single
3. 4 minute soft song, like the accolade 3 or something
4. 40 minute epic

huhuhu.

Raise hype and interest for the whole album I'd presume? Near every other genre does it, so metal bands must feel they need to aswell.....

so what is a "single" today anyhow ? Something you can make a video for... is that something new ? Something that can get played on the heavier radio stations.... is that something new ? now if someone writes such a song that might be commercially acceptable, does this mean they did it on purpose ? or realized afterwords that it had the right groove and sound for such an application ?

so what is a "single" today anyhow ? Something you can make a video for... is that something new ? Something that can get played on the heavier radio stations.... is that something new ? now if someone writes such a song that might be commercially acceptable, does this mean they did it on purpose ? or realized afterwords that it had the right groove and sound for such an application ?

Yeah I don't know really what I meant with single. Something like the serpent's kiss for paradise lost I guess? Music video + use it for promoting the album and shit. Remember paradise lost actually got some commercials running.

I didn't know serpent's kiss was a single. A track being broadcast in the radio (before the album release) or used in a music video doesn't make it a single. My understanding is that a single is a track (or more) officially released for sale separately from the whole album. It has promotional value and seems to me as more of a "popular music" thing. I don't see the point from a metal band releasing singles, especially prog bands.