Next Album....

I doubt it cause they're really into what they do and it doesn't seem like they're getting tired of it, though they do need a break.

Yeah that's true, but remember that 2013 is in 3 years :) and then they will be around 40 years old aswell, not that it's that old but. Anyways about the next album, I think it's a shame it's not being released in 2010, would be perfect with their 10th album released on their 20th anniversary imo. And I do think some special surprises will come this year, for example, more detailed info about their upcoming DVD.

I honestly think that if the sound of ASOP was refined, it could be a pretty epic album. The shame with their guitaring nowadays, is they don't build and build and build, then wind down. They just build, wind, build, wind.

I honestly hate MOST of the material from Clayman on....up until Come Clarity which i like..and idk but after a couple hundred listens to ASOP i actually grew to like that as well...but i cant get into clay man or R2R...i've gotten into STTYE a few times...but nothing in life beats whoracle.

I honestly hate MOST of the material from Clayman on....up until Come Clarity which i like..and idk but after a couple hundred listens to ASOP i actually grew to like that as well...but i cant get into clay man or R2R...i've gotten into STTYE a few times...but nothing in life beats whoracle.
Not into clayman? wtf :p R2R I can understand cause of a different sound cause of production and other things, but Clayman is similiar to Colony, the greatest album ever.

I love colony. But on Clayman you see the change happen...from growls to stupid cat screaming vocals. Hmph. lol.

I honestly think The Jester Race and R2R are their best albums...

And I have a real real real soft spot for Lunar Strain and Subterranean.

Reroute to Remain is very underrated, and though sounds really different, still sounds great, unlike albums like STYE and ASOP, but that's just an opinion really.

R2R was like an experiment gone terribly right. I mean, honestly the guitars aren't as unrelenting as Colony or anything, but are still very melodic in every sense. This was probably Anders' best clean performance, except maybe the Passenger album. Not to mention, for good or ill, every track on this album could have been a single, or a "metal hit" if you will.

Its also very emotional, and I thought something very fresh and original. Though R2R may have marked the beginning of the screaming verse, clean chorus approach in metal, or at least the starting point for it to come in bulk.

I think as bad as American metalcore is, R2R is the underlying theme of that movement. That is bad, but R2R was amazing.

R2R was like an experiment gone terribly right. I mean, honestly the guitars aren't as unrelenting as Colony or anything, but are still very melodic in every sense. This was probably Anders' best clean performance, except maybe the Passenger album. Not to mention, for good or ill, every track on this album could have been a single, or a "metal hit" if you will.

Its also very emotional, and I thought something very fresh and original. Though R2R may have marked the beginning of the screaming verse, clean chorus approach in metal, or at least the starting point for it to come in bulk.

I think as bad as American metalcore is, R2R is the underlying theme of that movement. That is bad, but R2R was amazing.
Oh okay I understand what your saying and where you coming from. One of my biggest problems I have with that album is the production I hate it, the songs sound awesome live but I hate the way that album sounds.

the production sounds a little muddy and not as crisp, and is horrible when compared to clayman's production, but at least the guitar tone is better than STYE's.
STYE has a gross guitar tone.

the production sounds a little muddy and not as crisp, and is horrible when compared to clayman's production, but at least the guitar tone is better than STYE's.
STYE has a gross guitar tone.

Yeah STYE has the worst tone of all their albums, I dislike it more than ASOP.

Ideally, they would return to the Whorcle/Colony style. Aggression, Maiden-like dual guitar runs, 'proper' vocals etc. Thats what they built their name on. I can't see it happening though. The band are too much of a corporate act now, theres too much $$ riding on it. The label wouldn't let them and quite frankly, I think the band have shown over the past decade that they are not interested in that style anyway. Time to call it a day IMO. Before they ruin their legacy any more than they have.

FWIW, the last half of Come Clarity was the only good material they have done since Clayman. That last half ripped.

After a spin of R2R yesterday i realized that R2R is am album that does a good job of melding styles together...though i'm still iffy about it.