next katatonia album

Daylight Dies and Swallow The Sun have absolutely nothing on Katatonia. Never compare those bands to one of the greatest living bands of our era.

Believe it.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

I just don't see how it would fit...

I guess it might be able to work...

any way, I'm done guessing.

Possibly a year ago, I thought that it was time for Katatonia to include some death vox. Now, I almost do not want them to because Jonas' cleans are so stunning. As my pet Stefan said earlier though, if they did a nice mix, it could be good, just as long as it is not too much. What I mean by that is not use it that much.

doom-death album?please NO!
daylight dies-swallow the sun?i like both but in comparison with katatonia they are very poor...

i think katatonia are like anathema...they sound much better with clean vocals.i'm not only a metal fan so i don't care if they choose to release a depressive rock album again...

ps:btw i'm sure that daylight dies will be more "soft" in the future. :)

DODS has aged well. One of the finest pieces of doom/black/death ever! If you want something similar...fuck that! You won't find it...just put that on repeat.

Possibly a year ago, I thought that it was time for Katatonia to include some death vox. Now, I almost do not want them to because Jonas' cleans are so stunning. As my pet Stefan said earlier though, if they did a nice mix, it could be good, just as long as it is not too much. What I mean by that is not use it that much.

Pretty much, Jonas' cleans are where it's at, and a few growls here are there like the screams would be ok, but that's it. That way it makes them much more powerful, and not overblown.

I would like the album be like something evidence and omerta stuff, the vocals on both of the songs are so warm and still depressive gets me chills every time. On the otherhand I wouldn't never want them to do new DoDS or BMD because I think they are about the best that kind of music that there is. One thing I'm missing on The Great Cold Distance is a slow song, or even mid tempo almost all the song have their "heavy metal touch" on them, not saying its bad but something like Omerta or A Darkness Coming, or unfurl etc..

Also I dont want to hear any harsh vocals in it, because Jonas' clean singing is just so godlike.

ps. I also like the Jonas' part on Hope really much :p

I would like the album be like something evidence and omerta stuff, the vocals on both of the songs are so warm and still depressive gets me chills every time. On the otherhand I wouldn't never want them to do new DoDS or BMD because I think they are about the best that kind of music that there is. One thing I'm missing on The Great Cold Distance is a slow song, or even mid tempo almost all the song have their "heavy metal touch" on them, not saying its bad but something like Omerta or A Darkness Coming, or unfurl etc..

Also I dont want to hear any harsh vocals in it, because Jonas' clean singing is just so godlike.

ps. I also like the Jonas' part on Hope really much :p

What do you call Journey Through Pressure tempo-wise?