next katatonia album

ah, looks like ive been owned by the forum then...

Sorry to offend all the 'true' Katatonia heads out there, I hang my head in shame.
Just stating my opinion as a listener of all 3 great bands...

The next album will be great whatever they do with it, growls or not. Katatonia is always a band who deliver.

You didn't offend any one. Everyone just had different opinions.

No harm, no foul.

Have they said anything about releasing a new album now that we've all decided how we want it to sound?

Yeah they announced they're busy trying to write songs and such. They actually already booked the studio if I'm not mistaken, but it didn't work out, 'cause they needed consensus over what direction to go in, before they're able to write/record an album.

This update has been months ago though

I read that they are not satisfied with the material that they have written, so it will take a bit longer to finish it up...

Since you asked, I would love to see a Katatonia album in the vein of "The Polyphonic Spree" Imagine it! Katatonia singing songs about how beautiful the sun is and how great it is.

I sense a troll ^^

Well, contrasts are good in music..and it would be boring if Katatonia only talked about how depressive and meaningless life is..most of the other bands l listen to already do that..it's nothing new. Dark music needs a new angle and Katatonia sometimes manage to do that. Beauty in darkness is old and grumpy...and I actually would like do see Katatonia manage to be somewhere in between night and day...sun and moon...black and white...balance...yeezz...*insert Yoda-funny-sentence here*

:Smokin:

I sense a troll ^^

It's so hard to find a good troll these days. Salient fell off his game, the old king is dead so I guess we have to settle for this numb nuts.

They just don't make em' like they used to.

I sense a troll ^^

It was supposed to be a bit of a satirical joke.

Trolling would be more along the lines of "Katatonia sucks so bad, I hate their music they are the worst band ever. You guys are losers for liking such a crappy band"

It was supposed to be a bit of a satirical joke.

Trolling would be more along the lines of "Katatonia sucks so bad, I hate their music they are the worst band ever. You guys are losers for liking such a crappy band"

I see what you did there.