next katatonia album

Exactly. That was my whole problem with him producing Opeth albums too. They just didn't need him to do a good job. Still Life totally proved that. The albums they did with Steven wound up sounding more like Opeth mixed with Porcupine Tree than just Opeth. When Ghost Reveries came out, they finally sounded like just Opeth again, which I was very thankful for.

I *really* hope he doesn't do the same thing to Katatonia...especially after how incredibly awesome The Great Cold Distance turned out.

Couldn't say it better myself!

Of course Katatonia doesn't "need" Wilson, but if a Wilson production job can help them get the sound that THEY want then it should be a great collaboration. Sure hope it is released during the first half of 09.

just wanna hear something new about them

what have been Jonas writting tha't it, and whats sounds are joining his voice and all the lyrics...

but also as many od you, don't want any girl voice on it ....

and please make some velvet thorns for us XD

I mean it could be just a ep with like three songs but if mike was on vocals you would know 3 things.

1.It be doom
2.every song be over 6 minutes
3.and it would kick ass

please tell us something..

I hope it's released before summer so I can trick my girlfriend into making it a pre-graduation present or something..

It makes me feel like less of an impatient child when i read this thread from time to time. Sort of nice to see theres others as hungry for the new Kata album as i am. At least i think we can rest quite assured that this is the year of the new album.