Next Testament CD

It should be the big6 and you all should be thanking Metallica for taking these bands on tour, they don't have to do this they could take anyband on tour but Metallica stayed loyal to the bay area thrash metal scene. Record sales don't mean shit to the metal crowd. The metal crowd goes and see's these bands because they like the music.

It should be the big6 and you all should be thanking Metallica for taking these bands on tour, they don't have to do this they could take anyband on tour but Metallica stayed loyal to the bay area thrash metal scene. Record sales don't mean shit to the metal crowd. The metal crowd goes and see's these bands because they like the music.

They stayed loyal? hahaha after 2 decades now they are back?! Lets not forget who made godsmack famous.
Metallica may be giving them sales but they are giving Metallica some street cred back.They do have to do this if they want a big 4 tour.These other bands aren't the money machine Metallica is but they do just fine.

Maybe they should bring in Avril and Limp biscuit to sing up there with them.

I hope their next fuckin album is good. I want their next album to start off like DNR like the Gathering and have the production equal to that of First Strike Still Fuckin Deadly. I want the album hard and fuckin heavy. no bullshit riffs, all goodness from testament,

I think we are going to get a much faster and intense album when compared to Formation. Some of the band members have hinted at taking that direction in past interviews. It will be a culmination of the Gathering and Formation. Can't go wrong with that mix. What I'd really like to see more of is Alex Skolnick showcasing his talents when he performs his solos like how he once did on the earlier albums like Practice. He is arguably the most dynamic metal guitarist in metal so why not deliver bone crushing solos with sweeps that have you wishing that you could play them.

I hope so because the way they were talking it made it sound like Formation was going to be more like The Gathering.And I Really hope the solos are better/ longer.
The best way I can describe them over all on Formation is a little thin? Kind of get you in get you out and while they were good they weren't what I was expecting for Alex's big return.

The best way I can describe them over all on Formation is a little thin? Kind of get you in get you out and while they were good they weren't what I was expecting for Alex's big return.
I agree with this. They weren't bad, weren't really good either, just sorta neutral. They were just "there". I was really hoping for some Legacy or Souls style all out mindblowage with Skolnick, especially after the complete lack of memorable solos on The Gathering.

I'm expecting an onslaught of solos and harmonies.

Alex and Eric are 2 of the best guitarists in metal so they should deliver.

Practice and Souls has amazing guitar work.

Yeah, Skolnick at his best IMO. Face In The Sky, Falling Fast, title track, Love To Hate, One Man's Fate, etc all absolutely mindblowing solos.

in all honesty,that's the best thing by far out of that Souls of Black album... I'm not a fan of the rest when it comes to it,pretty much the weakest Testament album. but indeed,the solos deliver.