Next Testament CD

Yeah, sounds like Eric lost his patience and took things in his own hands, wrote the album, set the date of recording and checked the roll.

This may still be a hell of a record. Many musical gems came to existence either rushed or written and recorded almost simultaneously, or even during some discords within bands. Sometimes a good pressure from the label can help. NB had been patient and Testament...hmm, I would never say lazy, but definitely focused on many other activities.

But, yeah, 4 years does seem like enough time for 5 guys, even busy guys to get in one room and jam a couple of times. They do see each other on tours, right? And talk music, don't they? If there's not enough time, strength or the right mindframe on tour, then why not meet in between tours or - pardon the suggestion - skip one touring opportunity (out of the 84 during those years). Yeah, I know tours are where the money is and sales are shit, but you do have to tour on something, I think.

Not that I complain. In fact, I'm so happy and grateful they are still going together in this line up and if this is the model they've worked out to keep things running, fine by me. The recent interviews do imply that the machine has started having some trouble, though. So Eric took over the steering wheel. I wonder if this will continue this way or they will have a talk and decide to be doing things differently.

Their contract with NB covered 3 records, didn't it? And BoTS is the third one. I hope they do enter into another one soon. There's nothing like having a common obligation when you're a band of individuals...

Finally, I'm really excited about the album. I've heard multiple interviews conducted by that guy from Metal Wani and know he's a big fan. Let's hope the album is as good as his excitement suggests.

Last edited:
Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah Chuck said that they aren't going to do it this way again, I hoe that happens for them. But you're right some of the best albums have come from pressure. Maybe they don't really have any except what they have going on in their own heads. Because you're right I don't think they have any label pressure. It sounds to me much of this is lack of communication. Cause we're kind of betting the same story from both of them only about the other. Not being able to get together though is crazy.
But I'm damn excited for the album. I think it's gonna be great.

Reactions: Neptune
Good question Neptune! I think it should be the one that was left of Dark Roots that was basically done. But I don't remember what the name of that song was and I haven't heard anything about it in a while. It may not even have made the album. Eric said it was the best song lol so I hope it made it.

redfly the song you're referring to that didn't make it onto DROE was called Merciless Desecration. Maybe they still kept the song but changed the title. I've been reading some comments on blabbermouth in response to Chuck Billy's true assessment of the recording process for BoTS and I think it's all overblown (especially on blabbermouth). You have to listen to the audio interview to understand exactly why Chuck was frustrated. Blabbermouth always has a silly way of twisting a story around. I actually prefer Eric writing all the rhythm section and Alex focusing on most of the solos. I want the Gathering part II and I think we're going to get it. There is no way Testament would release an album if it wasn't a quality release. Good things don't come easy and in the end my gut tells me this album will be their best thrash album to date. Once they release the title track in a few days it will silence all the doubters.

Reactions: one man and redfly
Ah! Thank you!! You would think I would remember a title like that!
I read a bunch of the comments on blabber also and got disgusted. You have to listen to way Chuck says things, the inflections.
It's definitely over blown on blabber as usual. I think most of those people aren't true metal heads. They don't seem to really know or care
about shit lol.
And I think you might be right. This new album might the one to beat!!
Just wish it hadn't taken so long lol. If they were really trying this whole time and it took that long then so be it. But it doesn't really sound like that's the case lol

Reactions: one man
14141828_10157310801525332_1458853004498046891_n.jpg

From Testament facebook page.

"Check out Testament's social media pages tomorrow, Sept. 2nd at 7am PST/4pm CEST for the premiere of something you've been waiting for! Don't miss it!!!"

Last edited:
Reactions: redfly