Next Testament CD

Oh my god! The beggining rythem for Malpractice is better than most bands solos! Both of those songs are great!
I say this over and over again,I hope if/when Souls ever gets remastered that they bring up the volume on Beggining Of The End.That is just brilliant,and by the time it reaches volume to really hear it,it's over!

The beginning riff of "Malpractice" is awesome, and it shows you don't have to be fast to be intense! That song and "Face In The Sky" are two of my fave Testament songs.

As much as I love Souls, the production on it is horrible, I've always hated the sound on that album. :( It's a testament to how great the songs are that they are able to overcome the terrible sound on the album.

The beginning riff of "Malpractice" is awesome, and it shows you don't have to be fast to be intense! That song and "Face In The Sky" are two of my fave Testament songs.

As much as I love Souls, the production on it is horrible, I've always hated the sound on that album. :( It's a testament to how great the songs are that they are able to overcome the terrible sound on the album.

Here's a really good interview with Chuck. He talks about the horrible production on those early albums.

Tower Records in Japan did remaster everything up to Low EXCEPT Souls of Black and they all sound really good. I wonder if SOB was just too far gone to do anything with.

http://therafforeview.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/chuck-billy-testament-interview/

Here's a really good interview with Chuck. He talks about the horrible production on those early albums.

Tower Records in Japan did remaster everything up to Low EXCEPT Souls of Black and they all sound really good. I wonder if SOB was just too far gone to do anything with.

I saw that interview with Chuck earlier, it's awesome. :)

Really? I'd love to hear those remasters! It's sad though that out of all their earlier albums, Souls was the one that most needed to be remastered, and that's the one which hasn't been! I do know that album was rushed in order to get it out in time for Testament going out on the "Clash Of The Titans" tour. Which could explain why it has even worse sound than the albums that came before it...

I suspect Tower Records Japan didn't have access to the original master tapes, which you would need to have in order to do a really professional remastering job. And that's exactly what Souls needs. They probably had enough to improve the sound on the other albums without the master tapes, but for Souls, you really would need the master tapes to significantly improve that albums mix. It actually needs remixing more than it needs remastering.

Well lets give it up for Souls in that it was done in what? 9 weeks? to get them on the tour.I think that's pretty good.

I'm off to read tgis so I know what you are talking about.

That was a good interview,I hadn't read that one.Eric and Chuck give really good ones.It's funny to think of Chuck useing the p90 x workout.Watch him get all ripped again!

I really hope he's right and they do an album every two years or so now.Of course I would be really happy just too have this album on release!

I heard somewhere the song Souls of Black with an extended bass intro and the production/mastering sounds way better than the original one. Was it a re-recording or remixed/remastered version? There are some records in the vault (Flotsam, Exodus, Testament, Death Angel) from the 80ies which needs some polishing. Best example is Doomsday for the Deceiver, it sounds really, really good in it's remastered/remixed version!

I heard somewhere the song Souls of Black with an extended bass intro and the production/mastering sounds way better than the original one. Was it a re-recording or remixed/remastered version?

It was a re-recording done for the game Rock Band 2. ;) I actually prefer the original version, even though the production on the new recording is much better. But that's because I have an aversion to older songs being played live or being re-recorded in lower tunings than than the originals.

It was a re-recording done for the game Rock Band 2. ;) I actually prefer the original version, even though the production on the new recording is much better. But that's because I have an aversion to older songs being played live or being re-recorded in lower tunings than than the originals.

lower tunings is a disease. What i hate on the most new recordings is, that the instruments haven't enough space to breathe. Most recordings sounds to compressed.

Yeah, that's a huge achievement these days.

I don't know if it was necessary of them to reveal as much of the album by themselves as they actually did. Still, it was better than with TFoD where they'd made the whole album available for streaming way before the release (I can't actually remember whether it was a reaction to the leak or not).

I didn't really care to much for the new version of Souls.And I couldn't agree more about the subject of tuning.

Yeah I can't believe it hasn't leaked either.It must be under Chucks pillow.

It's funny when the subject of metal people comes up Alex usually says something like,they are metal...but they are also this and that.Like it's shocking that people in metal aren't just screaming animals and read and things like that lol

We're 2 days away from the Euro release.

Well done Nuclear Blast on not having it leak yet.

We're 2 days away from the Euro release.

I know! The fact it still hasn't leaked with only two days to go is quite amazing. When the first track by track review surfaced near the end of May, I felt sure it would leak soon after that, seems that NB have really pulled out all the stops to ensure it doesn't leak ahead of the release date. US listeners will get to hear it before the 31st though, as it will definitely leak once it's been released in Europe on the 27th.

@redfly: Flotz have reached their 100% target, so they're pushing ahead with the final phase of the new album's recording now! :)

I am definitely going too have to buy one at the store.And I am also shocked it hasn't leaked.Shocked but glad.

Ah! Did you get the email saying some orders didn't go through on pledge? The website says 101% so I hope it got fixed.I hope those new posters go up soon too!

I am definitely going too have to buy one at the store.And I am also shocked it hasn't leaked.Shocked but glad.

Ah! Did you get the email saying some orders didn't go through on pledge? The website says 101% so I hope it got fixed.I hope those new posters go up soon too!

Tomorrow is the European release day, so I shall be at the store tomorrow to grab a copy! Hopefully I can find a store that sells it... And yep, it is a major shock it hasn't leaked, and it looks now as if it won't leak before the European release date, what with it being tomorrow. :p

I did, but I'm not worried as it was only a small amount of orders that didn't go through, and more importantly, mine did as my card was charged yesterday for my pledges! lol :)