Next Testament CD

Yeah, I had that poster too. Your killing me with the Maiden 7th son one. God I love that album/cover. I saw Alice Cooper and Maiden about three weeks ago and both were great. I'm gonna get the 7th son poster. I'd give my left nut for it (well almost)! haha.

I used to have the group shot Testament poster,the one where Greg is the spitting image of Cliff Burton.My friend somehow (on his birthday) talked me into trading it for a Doro poster!

I remember seeing that Testament poster above once in the store.But they had a million metallica posters.I still have maidens killers black light poster.I really need a frame for it.It's really fragile.

Check out the google translation lol!

Testament fury of fully accomplished the revival be in a dilemma here!
new album! become a male about four years in the Bay Area thrash, of Testament

It didn't work for me the first time and then I tried it again and worked. It's really downtuned from the original. Hard to tell much about the song without hearing all of it. I'm guessing this was recorded during the same session that they did doing the cover tracks.

I still haven't gotten it to play yet for some reason.I wish they wouldn't change the tunings.all they ever needed to make the music sound heavier was better production and better drums.

I was finally able to listen to the sample, can't give an opinion until the full song is available. But anyway, I'll enjoy it for what it is: just a re-recording for a special edition; an old song with present day Testament sound and production, not much of a mystery after all :)

To those of you who think Cold Embrace is good song: Do you like other modern rock bands who primarily use that kind of sound in all of their songs, or do you like it just because it's Testament doing something different?

I'm not opposed to a band throwing a different kind of song on an album just to break things up, but this song is a serious snoozer. They could've done something better. I pretty much feel the same way about Trail of Tears on Low, but that song has grown on me a little bit. Cold Embrace, however, gets skipped every time I listen to the new album.

It's not really Testament doing something different.It's Testament doing something they haven't done in a while.I feel the key to your second question is (bands that primarily) if every song was like this it would make them a completely different band.Bands that use this structure for a living are bands that want to get on radio,(plus the musicianship would be non existent) when you do one song in that style it may actually mean something to someone in the band.I think it gives the album nice contrast and the solo rips.This song is pretty much a staple of lots of older thrash records.Lots of bands had one song like this.It's not really doing something modern.

All I'm saying is that people don't listen to Testament/other thrash bands for the ballads. It's not what they're best at. Some of those ballads are good, most of them are not. I think Cold Embrace just limps out the energy of the album and is unnecessary, making the album good when it could've been great. I'm at least glad that they follow it up with a song like Man Kills Mankind in the tracklist, one of my new favorites.

All I'm saying is that people don't listen to Testament/other thrash bands for the ballads. It's not what they're best at. Some of those ballads are good, most of them are not. I think Cold Embrace just limps out the energy of the album and is unnecessary, making the album good when it could've been great. I'm at least glad that they follow it up with a song like Man Kills Mankind in the tracklist, one of my new favorites.

I've said it before here, but I like their ballads, I always have. I can honestly say True Embrace is one of my favorites on the record and I've listened to that track more than any other. Return to Serenity is my favorite of the ballads but I can understand why some people don't like them at all. If I had one minor quibble is that they don't have enough fast songs. True American Hate is great, more like that please.