Next Testament CD

Ok, I can't tell the difference between the 2 versions of a Day in the Death.

I'm pretty sure the drums are exactly the same, just recorded by different people.

Hmm,I haven't heard the itunes one yet.But I'll say that Greg's tone is absolutely perfect on it.It sounds like the old days but with the modern punch.

I thought it was a separate track to buy on Itunes? Eric said they did it that way so that fans of Chris could get just that song.But there really should be some way to get every new song in one package.The whole thing is really dumb

Nope, it's an album only track. Which means you have to buy the whole album to get access to it. I don't know if this is Nuclear Blasts doing or itunes or Testament, but it's the only way to get it. What kind of pisses me off is all the extra crap like this track, the patch, the poster. Why didn't they have a package where you could get everything instead of being greedy and trying to get fans to buy the record more than once? It's a nice way to say we value money more than your loyalty. Oh well, at least the new record kicks ass, I love it.

Just joined the forum, long time thrash metal and Testament fan, I feel the band taught a lesson to the entire classic thrash scene on how an album is made. So many hooks, so many break neck riffs, the melodic edge seems wonderful to me, and I don't have enough words to praise Chuck's vocal lines and choruses, as infectious and catchy as ever (how can he write such powerful sing-along lines!!!??? and he never runs out of ideas!). Probably I'm just exaggerating 'cause of the kick of the very recent release, but I find tracks like Rise Up, A Day in the Death and Man Kills Mankind some of the best they have ever recorded, and among the very best thrash anthems of the XXI century. I'm just.. happy, so happy, can't stop listening to it with a dumb smile :)

Nope, it's an album only track. Which means you have to buy the whole album to get access to it. I don't know if this is Nuclear Blasts doing or itunes or Testament, but it's the only way to get it. What kind of pisses me off is all the extra crap like this track, the patch, the poster. Why didn't they have a package where you could get everything instead of being greedy and trying to get fans to buy the record more than once? It's a nice way to say we value money more than your loyalty. Oh well, at least the new record kicks ass, I love it.

Well,I'm at a loss then.Eric said it was a separate track.

And yeah I'm kind of pissed the way all this broken up.

I'm sure you're right.It's all the record company.But you would think at this point Testament could have their say if they really wanted to.

Great sound on Alex's guitar.Looks like he's been working out a little,maybe from hanging out with Chris Broderick? lol

I'm sure you're right.It's all the record company.But you would think at this point Testament could have their say if they really wanted to.

Great sound on Alex's guitar.Looks like he's been working out a little,maybe from hanging out with Chris Broderick? lol

Yeah, it would have been great to see those two at the guitar retreat they did. So what are your thoughts on DROE?

Yeah I would have loved to have gone to that!

So far,,(and I haven't put a lot of time at home into it yet, and in the car I keep playing Rise Up and True American Hate over and over)It's a really good album.There are a lot of things they did that I had hoped they would.Longer deeper songs more nuances.Alex definitely dug deeper on this one.Chucks voice is really good,I thought at times on TFOD that his voice was too high,almost Zetro-ish.Now it sounds more like his original voice mixed with the Gathering and Low...and dare I say a little bit like Hetfield at times? In a good way of course.Hell someone should take advantage of that sound,Hetfield sure isn't lol.
I love Gregs bass tone and it's pretty easy to hear what he's playing even with everything else going on.The drums are very good.Of course.But non of it really sounds to me like it had to be Gene.They seem a little more reserved at times than I would have thought from Gene or Eric.
There are also some surprises.I always wanted more from Eric,and I never realized how much that might change the sound.He throws in a lot of bluesy licks that I wasn't expecting and since he and Alex are harmonizing more ,and on some of it instead of using a third guitar for rhythm, it's just them together.They have done this before but not for as long and to me it makes it sound a little more Iron Maiden -ish.
Also the slow song (cold Embrace?) they took that really far with some of the vocals. None of these things are bad.They are just surprises to me.
I definitely hear The ritual album peppered through out.Either in the form of little bits from Alex and Eric and also a few words here and there as well as vocal melodies.All for the benefit I think.We all know Testament is too talented to copy themselves.
I've only listened to it all the way through twice.So far I'm really loving the title track.And I look forward to drowning myself in this album.

what about you? what do you think?

P.S. I reserve the right to change my mind about any and all of this as time goes by :saint: :heh: