Next Testament CD

I had a different reaction. I loved it right off the bat and it's only getting better for me. I don't get the Ritual comparison either. I know Chuck had mentioned it, but I don't really hear it. Initally I was worried the record was going to be slow and more commercial sounding. One of the problems I have with Formation is it starts to drag at times, too many mid-tempo songs and the flow of DROE doesn't have that problem to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a grower. Like every Testament album has been for me. I've never immediately loved any of their albums, but now I love all of them.

The main reason for the Ritual comparison is there's one part on the album that almost sounds like Electric Crown imo. Can't tell you what it is yet.

I'm going through my second listening now.

That might be it. Only thing that sucks is I still want the cover songs in lossless. I'll have to see if one of my friends gets it and then I can rip those 4 tracks to lossless and just have a separate disc with them on it.

What about the regular album tracks, do you not want them in lossless too?

It would be cool of that does turn out to be a re-recording of Practice rather than a live version, though sad that only the Japanese get to have it! :(

Hmm,I've always loved all the Testament albums instantly,except Demonic which took a few releases of other bands being watered down pussies for me to love it.I hope I continue the trend when I finally get my hands on it.
So far I really like Native blood and I love True American hate.That one will be blasted out my car for sure! I hope there are more like it!....shit! don't tell me LOL!

I love, love the album now.

But the two version of Throne is still completely pointless and idiotic.

Yeah,I really don't get that at all,the whole way they did the bonus material kind of sucks.Another version of Thrones that's only 30 something seconds longer.The track with Chris is download only.But if you get the single in album record form you get Native blood in spanish for some dumb reason.everything is broken into parts and reeks of record company greed.

The extra 30 seconds in Throne extended is a solo at the end.............but it was cut for a reason. It's nothing special.

Got my copy Yesterday. WOW!! Loving this release. Not only is the whole effort slamming, the recording is fucking stellar. Great job guys!! Andy Sneap kicked ass as always. Thumbs up!! Had DROE cranking all night around my campfire. Lovin the bonus tracks. Hope to see the boys again soon....Enjoy everyone !!!! The true kings of thrash are back!! :Smokedev:

The main reason for the Ritual comparison is there's one part on the album that almost sounds like Electric Crown imo. Can't tell you what it is yet.

I'm going through my second listening now.

Probably the title track. The one song I don't really dig is the last one, Last Stand For Independence, sounds too much like Henchman Ride to my ears.

I knew that some of the local, independent record stores would have it out early today and I was able to get the deluxe version from one place that was also giving away an autographed promo poster and a patch of the album cover with it. Haven't listened to it yet, probably won't get the chance to sit down with it until tomorrow night.

I go it! At bestbuy.When Formation came out I would call them and ask different people if they were going to have it.They all said yes right up to the day of release.When I went there they didn't have it and didn't get it for at least another week.
No there are no record stores near me anymore.Not for like 10 years.It sucks!

The first track is all I've been able to hear so far,but it's absolutely awesome!!!