Next Testament CD

I'm surprised the last 3 songs aren't hurting his voice. They should have done Return to Serenity. I saw one fan filmed video of Native Blood from the Huntington show (the DVD one) and it seemed that Chuck's voice was tired (he was resorting to growls at times plus has simplified the vocal melodies a bit).

DNR should KILL his voice, especially that low gutteral part "D-N-R Do.. Not.. Resuscitate. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2013/02/gene-hoglan-of-testament-video-interview/. Here's a new interview with Gene which is focused on Testament, which isn't typical of interviews with him. The man's got to be the most relaxed person in metal and his voice is so soothing that it'd be interesting to hear him sing some ballads or something.

And since we're at the tour, here's one with Bobby Blitz from Overkill - shortly before the pneumonia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B3RaMdDc6_U

Yeah I learned that about Gene years ago (confession time: I used to be a metal journalist in the 80s and interviewed Gene when he was in DA, along with Erik and Alex for two separate interviews). His voice does not fit him one bit.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad it's not just my impression.

Speaking of losing weight, here's what I've found in Ian Christe's book while searching Testament album sales:

Although they had paid their dues, thrash metal titans like Metal Church were not automatically entitled to inherit the success of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Soon after deposing traditional heavy metal, thrash metal was decidedly no longer a lean contender. In some cases the changes were visible to the eye, as more than a few overfed bangers began watching their beer bellies. Slayer famously switched from full-bodied Belgian beer to watery Coors Light. According to guitarist Gary Holt, Exodus singer Steve Sousa shed forty-five pounds after beginning a NutraSystem diet. “He got the idea because Chuck Billy, Eric Peterson, and Louie Clemente from Testament all went on it,” says Holt. “He showed me one of the NutraSystem hamburgers, and I was like, ‘Man, I’d eat the box, too!’”

(source:http://pl.scribd.com/doc/123464620/Sound-of-the-Beast)

It's obvious that when you look at the videos and pictures from the late 80., early 90. the guys' postures were changing quite a lot. Greg and Alex managed to stay thin, but they're not listed above and are the youngest.

Hey a little understanding for Chuck. The man had cancer in his heart. Who knows what it did to him. He's lucky he can perform. Look at James Murphy. He's been off stage since his cancer.

How hard is it to get a name right? Especially when you say they are one of your favorite bands!...James Shaffer lol
Only constant member?.Um Chuck Billy?

Name change doesn't mean it's a different band. Lamb of God & Burn the Priest are the same band. Ghost and Ghost BC are the same band. etc.

Not that it matters, because Chuck Billy is Chuck Billy and is metal as fuck.

Name change along with a different singer certainly does make a different band.Chuck was there from the start of Testament=original member.

YES CHUCK IS METAL AS FUCK!

Hey rich,how have you been?I don't see you posting on the flots new forum much at all anymore:cry: