Next Testament CD

Alex says no writing has been done yet. Meanwhile Chuck has said they have started in a few different interviews. That future of collaboration might be further into the future than he thinks!

In very elegant words you put what we've all been fearing, I think. Or perhaps Chuck is underinformed, thinking the record is in the works :)

Reactions: redfly
Yeah one man I'm starting to get confused lol. About everything. Alex says in the interview about how much he likes doing electric crown because there is so much playing for him. But Eric said in a different interview that for Brotherhood Alex asked to not play during certain parts of a song, so actually cutting down his own playing time and input. So it just seems everything is back and fourth and maybe how a person feels on any given day lol
Frustrating for us.

Reactions: Neptune
Maybe it's buldogs fighting under a rug, like a mutual test of strenght/position or something. I don't know. Resigning from playing own parts does seem a little improbable, but who knows...

Which track off the newest offering would you guys like to see made as the second video?

Born in a rut or Centuries of Suffering would crush! But from a commercial point of view I'd go with either Neptune's Spear or Seven Seals. Probably my favourite 4 songs at this point.

How about yourself? Neptune's Spear?

I hope they don't go the more commercial route that doesn't pay (cough Cold Embrace) go for the heavy. Centuries or The Numbers Game. I know you wouldn't go for that one one man! Seven Seals would be really cool too. But also the video would have to be awesome and probably expensive. Unless they did like a live video and I wouldn't mind that either.

I know you wouldn't go for that one one man!

No, I'm all for Centuries. It's so smashing. Simple, but perfectly to the point and extremely tight. Definitely one of the strongest track on the album and located in a perfect spot on the disc. It would go well with a dynamic video, for sure. But, yeah, I'm a bit old school when it comes to video suggestions - I'd always see a catchier tune to get some wider audience and airplay. But I can see why that's a bit anachronic these days. Still, I'd never recommend going for e.g. the 2 heaviest tunes on a record. It's better to show some diversity.

Now, The Numbers Game seems to have everything - tight riffs, great drumming, memorable solo, high vocals, old school vibe, but the sum is just very good, not breathtaking. I don't know what it is. Probably not the lyrics, but I can still remember that back in 99 when Chuck said the album is about a serial killer and everybody dies, it was clearly a joke, 'cause the band was pretty far from cheesy, generic stuff like that. Anyway, as good as the song is, it probably would be in my worst two on the album.

Seven Seals would be really cool too. But also the video would have to be awesome and probably expensive. Unless they did like a live video and I wouldn't mind that either.

Now, here you are 100% right. This song is catchy, but pretty progressive too, it goes places and tells a big story. Therefore, a big picuture would be due. I'm pretty convinced they're not capable of having it done properly, due to budget.

Born in a Rut - I could see a bigger, story-based video, but also a simple one with the guys wearing jeans and playing their instruments in some cool scenery. Both could work well.

Neptune's Spear - any video of this song would have to have it's turning points at the main riff and when Alex goes Bach in the lead section. Those would have to be properly exposed, because they simply kill.

Anyway, do you guys seriously see any hope there will be a second video?

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
No not really,can you tell me at what point they are in the touring cycle for the album?This may determine as to whether or not a second video would ever see the light of day!