Next Testament CD

'Now, The Numbers Game seems to have everything - tight riffs, great drumming, memorable solo, high vocals, old school vibe, but the sum is just very good, not breathtaking. I don't know what it is. Probably not the lyrics, but I can still remember that back in 99 when Chuck said the album is about a serial killer and everybody dies, it was clearly a joke, 'cause the band was pretty far from cheesy, generic stuff like that. Anyway, as good as the song is, it probably would be in my worst two on the album.'

Do you think songs about serial killers are cheesy? The only things I find cheesy are songs about dragons and wizards and crap lol
But when I was a young teenager that stuff was pretty cool...ah age. But there are still plenty of young teenagers around lol

To answer your question. no. I don't think they'll do another video. I blame NB almost completely. But also I would think the band would realize after the last albums tour cycle that touring alone isn't enough. Even though there is no Headbangers ball. Videos still bring attention and are important. Metal Church's label is really doing it right and make NB look like a bunch of slackers.

No not really,can you tell me at what point they are in the touring cycle for the album?This may determine as to whether or not a second video would ever see the light of day!

I'm not sure where they are in the cycle. But I find it odd that they are finally headlining again but that they have so many bands with them that their set time doesn't seem much longer than when they aren't headlining.

Reactions: Neptune
I'm not sure as to their plans. They've just completed the US tour. I think South America comes next and then the European festivals. Or is it the other way around? Anyway, they're probably play some 25-30 shows between July and September and we may see another tour in Europe or Japan in the fall, I'm guessing. Actually, it will probably be 4 years of touring on and off... until the next record that's supposed to come out in a year or two, yeah right.

Do you think songs about serial killers are cheesy? The only things I find cheesy are songs about dragons and wizards and crap lol

Not all of them, but they tend to be. This one's just a small counting-out rhyme, and not a particularly adroit one really, IMO. You can make good lyrics out of any subject and bad lyrics too.

As for the label - yeah, NB seems to be getting the blame here deservingly. They do deserve another chance too, probably. I wonder how many of our views in this matter the band and their management share and whether the new contract has been signed already or not.

Reactions: redfly
Lol I don't think anyone in the band knows what's going on over here!
Don't jinx it one man! It's gotta happen at least one time that they say it will lol C'mon two year turn around!

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptune
Well, now that the 3-album-contract has expired that's more probable than before, although we don't know what obligations he has assumed with regard to touring. I hope this won't happen. All you James Murphy fans know that it won't be him replacing Alex, right?

Well, now that the 3-album-contract has expired that's more probable than before, although we don't know what obligations he has assumed with regard to touring. I hope this won't happen. All you James Murphy fans know that it won't be him replacing Alex, right?
Yes we know:poo: but as long as it's not Drover I'll be okay lol