NFL 2012

Dumping Vick would just be dumb. They're 3-3, not 1-5 jesus fuck!
Yes he is a turnover machine, yes he's hurting the team more than helping but to abandon ship at 3-3 is illogical.

I guarantee Vick and the Eagles turn this around and make the playoffs.

They could pretty easily be 1-5 and a big reason for their losses have been Vick's turnovers specifically.

Yes he is a turnover machine, yes he's hurting the team more than helping but to abandon ship at 3-3 is illogical.

I don't see how benching Vick is abandoning ship. If Foles can be more of a game manager and avoid making too many turnovers, then the Eagles could win a lot of games with this defense. Vick and his constant turnovers are making life very difficult on this team. And it's not like he's making a lot of big plays, so what are we losing?

I don't know why the Eagles went with Vick other than for marketing/profiting. He is a constant injury reminder and hasn't done anything in a playoff setting, probably should have given Kolb a chance or maybe got in the Flynn sweepstakes, I don't see a future there.

Uh he was a beast in 2010. It would have been madness to bench a QB who was playing as well as Vick was that season. It's just that by the very end of the season defenses figured out how to stop him (disguising pressure and hitting him a lot) and he has never been able to adjust. But I really think it's unrealistic to expect that Reid could have anticipated all that before it even happened.

I agree. Although I think issues with the Online and play calling has a lot to do with the turnovers. I also think they should replace another coordinator. Mornhinweg is awful.

The Eagles have finished in the top 8 in scoring in four out of five seasons under Mornhinweg and have broke the team record for points twice. He has some major flaws as a OC, but he has also been highly productive. Calling him terrible is just hyperbole.

I don't think it would make any sense at all to fire him right now. There also doesn't appear to be an assistant coach who could step in for him, like there was on the defensive side.

As for firing Castillo, well he never should have been hired in the first place. His scheme was so vanilla and he couldn't adjust to OCs, which is why the Eagles have blown so many leads during the past two years. Bowles has a much more qualified to be a DC. I look forward to seeing what he can do with all this talent.

Gonna be a big question mark for the next few weeks over whether the Dallas and NYJ rushing performance on Sunday was a flash or for real.

well the jets are already missing mcknight and powell for the patriots game so no way to tell this weekend

you do know vick has only won 2 playoff games ever and never had nack to back winning seasons right?

I don't see how benching Vick is abandoning ship. If Foles can be more of a game manager and avoid making too many turnovers, then the Eagles could win a lot of games with this defense. Vick and his constant turnovers are making life very difficult on this team. And it's not like he's making a lot of big plays, so what are we losing?

The end of Vick means the end of Reid. Reid is going down with the ship. I doubt you or I (or anyone else outside the coaching staff) knows how ready Foles is. The fact that Vick hasn't been benched yet is an indicator that Vick is their best chance at winning. It would take Vick another 8 turnovers in 2-3 games to get benched and I really can't see that happening.

The Eagles have finished in the top 8 in scoring in four out of five seasons under Mornhinweg and have broke the team record for points twice. He has some major flaws as a OC, but he has also been highly productive. Calling him terrible is just hyperbole.

Ok, ya got me there, I am exaggerating a bit. Although I think the Eagles Offensive success has more to do with talent.

Ah anyway, Oct 28th Eagles 34 Falcons 20 -- YA HEARD IT HERE! :D

The end of Vick means the end of Reid. Reid is going down with the ship. I doubt you or I (or anyone else outside the coaching staff) knows how ready Foles is. The fact that Vick hasn't been benched yet is an indicator that Vick is their best chance at winning. It would take Vick another 8 turnovers in 2-3 games to get benched and I really can't see that happening.

Ok, ya got me there, I am exaggerating a bit. Although I think the Eagles Offensive success has more to do with talent.

Ah anyway, Oct 28th Eagles 34 Falcons 20 -- YA HEARD IT HERE! :D

vick is still in the games because he gets paid a lot. no one benches a 15 million dollar player unless things get so bad they have no other choice

Vick is playing because of Reid's ego and job. Jimmy is correct that Vick and Reid's job are probably tied together.

Reid should have rode McCoy, not Vick.

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-1wm1.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-2wm.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-3wm.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-4wm.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-5wm.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-6wm.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-7wm.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-8wm1.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-9wm.png

QB-CONVO-10-15-2012-CUT-10wm.png

Statistical gurus of Massey-Peabody Analytics ran a coin-flip simulation, in which they simulated the first six weeks of the NFL season 10,000 times, assuming all teams were exactly the same, but factoring in a slight home-field advantage edge. (Home teams won 57.8% of the time from 1978-2011.) So what would the result be if every NFL team were exactly the same? Odds dictate there would be 10.1 teams with a 3-3 record. In other words, this year's current standings (with 11 3-3 teams) have more parity than a hypothetical league in which every team was of equal strength.

That really is a stupid rule. What if the Saints had pushed every single eligible receiver out of bounds in the same way? Would Freeman have had nobody to throw to then?

That really is a stupid rule. What if the Saints had pushed every single eligible receiver out of bounds in the same way? Would Freeman have had nobody to throw to then?

i guess. that and the fact he was pushed so it should have been a flag for pass interference

i guess. that and the fact he was pushed so it should have been a flag for pass interference

There can't be pass interference if there isn't a pass happening.

I'd say having a secondary somehow worse than the Saints is the reason the Bucs lost.

4 TDs and 300 yards in the first half? Really?

Also this which is the LOL of Week 7 BY FAR

e4da93ae800b9cc2c13bb74.gif

There can't be pass interference if there isn't a pass happening.

I'd say having a secondary somehow worse than the Saints is the reason the Bucs lost.

4 TDs and 300 yards in the first half? Really?

Also this which is the LOL of Week 7 BY FAR

e4da93ae800b9cc2c13bb74.gif

in that gif i know they couldn't it as a TD but isn't that saints player down? he catches the pull, gets hit and puts his hand down and possibly 1 knee touches but i can't tell from that speed and angle.

edit: my bad i forgot nfl rules you can put a hand down