NFL 2012

I agree that Lee is a more complete player than Lewis at this point in time, but I do trust Dan Conner more than I trust Dannell Ellerbe (although Ellerbe did put up good #s vs. Houston). Conner has three years of starting experience and qualifies as a pretty high end backup.

Yeah you really couldn't ask for a better backup than someone of Conner's ability. The problem is Lee's instinct puts him on an elite level, and he is dangerous in pass coverage instead of negligable or a liability. Conner will be solid but Lee was the defensive leader and playing at a higher level really than anyone else on the team.

If only the rest of the Broncos team would catch up.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is on pace to throw for a career-high 4,821 passing yards. He’s on pace to throw 37 touchdown passes, which would be the second-best of his career, and both his completion rate (67.8 percent) and his passer rating (105.0) would be the second-best for his career. He’s on pace to throw 11 interceptions, which would be his lowest total since 2006. So does that mean he’s all the way back after having multiple neck surgeries and missing all of last season?

Not quite. Manning told Peter King of Sports Illustrated that although his stats might make it look like he’s 100 percent healthy, he’s not there yet.

“That’s how it might look like to someone on the outside,” Manning said. “Some things are harder than they used to be. The game is harder. The whole goal was try to get better every week, even if only a little bit better every week. And I knew all along the nerve would take a long time [to heal], and you couldn’t rush it. It’ll be a tad better in two weeks, then a tad better two weeks after that. On game day, I get a little juice and feel pretty good. All I’m saying is, I still have strength to recover and rehab to do.”

Watching Manning’s passes, they do sometimes appear to wobble and float more than they did when he was with the Colts. So it’s not surprising that Manning would say he’s not all the way back. But considering how well Manning is playing this season even at less than 100 percent, it’s scary for the rest of the league to think about how good he can be by playoff time if he keeps getting better.

If he hadn't thrown those picks in the Falcons game and shitheads like Thomas and Decker didn't constantly drop easy passes his stats would be insane. <3 Peyton

EBOvC.png

LOL ROMO

Witten had a monster game 18 catches for 167 yards. I thought Dallas would pull it out there at the end.

The Bears narrowly avoided being upset by the Panthers. Jay Cutler had an awful first half, but pulled it together and led the Bears to victory when it counted. Some of those sacks are due to the terrible offensive line play, but a couple are because Jay hangs onto the ball too damn long and won't throw it away. I was surprised that Forte didn't get more work today, especially with Jay getting banged up at Detroit and early on again today.

Eli Manning was worse than pedestrian, yet saved by JPP and Felix Jones so no one cares. I blame Garrett for bad play calling at the end, and no running game whatsoever. Romo can only do so much.

Romo throws four INTs and Cowboys fans still try to say the blame shouldn't rest on him...huh...who saw that coming?

Romo was terrible often.

I can't find the highlight of the first pick, but you cannot blame Romo for the last 3. Austin mistimed his jump, JPP just made a freakish play, and the final was a desperation pass due to bad play calling leading to a lose/lose scenario.

On the other hand, the ineptitude of FJ continues to kill the Cowboys, as well as Garrett's questionable game management at the end. I understand the passing game was playing well ahead of the running game, but if you can't get one yard in two plays.....

I think Romo shouldve back-peddled a bit more before he threw that pick at the end. One of the worst plays you'll ever see by a QB...no surprise by the bone head!

At that point it's either a toss up or a sack or a throw-away. Barring a miracle it's a turnover no matter what. Romo can't block for himself. Again, Garrett's management created that position.

I'm sorry, but you can't call Manning "worse than pedestrian" and then defend a 4 turnover, 62 pass attempt effort as though he in no way contributed to Dallas' problems. He was way off on so many passes that I thought Kyle Orton might have been in the game. I'm amazed he had a completion percentage over 50% with his accuracy issues.

The Bears game, though a win, was fairly embarrassing. Yay for Jennings getting that interception/TD, but why is the defense coming through so very often? They cannot win in the playoffs with absolutely no offense.

No excuses...not bad coaching etc. you have great field pos w a game winning drive in your hands. he should have thrown it ob sooner. by running around and back the way he mistakenly did...he was unable to get enough on the ball to actually reach ob...result int.

If you're talking about Romo's last interception, it was on 4th down and the Giants would've had better field position if they dropped it. He HAD to throw the ball no matter the outcome.

If you're talking about Romo's last interception, it was on 4th down and the Giants would've had better field position if they dropped it. He HAD to throw the ball no matter the outcome.

Not sure if it was 4th down...if it was I stand corrected. still as you mentioned "way off" just prior he had a wide open rec in back of endzone for a poss gw td that he overthrew big-time!