NFL 2012

Notice zero attempts amongst three secondary players to wrap.....

Dallas will be without Sean Lee for the Giants game. Pretty big loss.

Especially considering the Giants are on fire and the Cowboys are, well, the Cowboys.

:cool:

Both the Cowboys and the Giants won close games on Sunday due to late clutch performances on both sides of the ball. Why is one on fire?

Divisionally the Cowboys are leading the Giants (at least until Sunday) :p

I'm just now starting to get into football but I've grown up around rabid Steelers fans my whole life. It's definitely starting to rub off on me.

My placeholder recap of the Steelers game until I can get something written up:

willieburfictmakeout.gif

Went to this game last night. The Steelers started off pretty lousy but completely conquered midway through the game.

The Buc's have been in every game this year. Yes, they are 2-4, but they are not getting beat down like they were last year. This is what I have found concerning Mike Williams TD catch at the end of the game.

Re-Establishing Receiver Position
A receiver running a downfield pattern can not intentionally go out of bounds and then come back into the field of play to catch the football. If this occurs, the catch will be negated by the official, who will call a penalty for illegal touching. However, if the receiver gets bumped out of bounds by a defender, he can re-establish his field position by getting back into the field of play as quickly as possible. He must also step in bounds with both feet before he catches the pass. The official must determine that the receiver was indeed shoved out of bounds, and that he got back into the field of play as fast as he possibly could.

I was reading something about Freeman being out of the pocket is why Mike couldn't be the first to touch the ball. If that's the case, that is fucking gay. At the very least it should have been illegal contact. The game never should have come down to that though. Vjax not getting in on that 95 yard catch & run & the fact the Dline could not get any pressure on Brees is why they lost.

I am going to be honest and say if Dallas loses Sunday that as a fan Im pretty much writing this season off playoffs wise.

Win and you are only a half game back from the lead and own the H2H tiebreaker. Lose and it's a 3 game divide with no significant tiebreaker advantage.

I think the Dallas D has proven itself, and is playing at a consistently high level despite rotating in spare parts. It's that oline and inconsistent play at WR that's killing the team. Romo can only put it in a receivers hands, he can't catch it for them. The line is playing better in the last two weeks, but the centers can't stay healthy. Going to be a truth telling game.

It's confirmed, Sean Lee is out for the year. This is a much bigger blow, at this point in their respective careers, than the loss to the Ravens of Ray Lewis.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/44733/sean-lee-is-not-replaceable

I agree that Lee is a more complete player than Lewis at this point in time, but I do trust Dan Conner more than I trust Dannell Ellerbe (although Ellerbe did put up good #s vs. Houston). Conner has three years of starting experience and qualifies as a pretty high end backup.

Lee is definitely a bigger loss than Lewis. The Ravens' defense is better without Lewis in every aspect but leadership. Opposing quarterbacks have been routinely targeting him in the passing game this year, and he's been getting run over in the running game. Losing Webb was a MUCH bigger loss, even with Jimmy Smith in the holster.

Lee, on the other hand, is already a leader and has already become one of the most complete defensive players in the game. Big loss. Not a deal breaker, but a huge gut punch.