NFL 2012

I don't see how you can discount the Giants. They may not be the most talented team in football, but their strengths lie in the right areas: quarterback, wide receiver and defensive line.

I think a 2x 9-7 SB team = a pack of situational over-achievers. Can't count on that every year. Dallas underachieved under Wade. Can't count on that now. Things are changing.

I'm hoping Denver too. 49ers were already good with a mediocre QB. If they have a prime Manning they will be very, very dangerous.

If the 49ers get Manning I will pencil them in to win the SB.

I think a 2x 9-7 SB team = a pack of situational over-achievers. Can't count on that every year. Dallas underachieved under Wade. Can't count on that now. Things are changing.

I don't know what you're talking about. They whooped the Cowboys and Falcons in two do or die games. They really beat down the Packers in Green Bay (that game was not as close as the score suggested). Sure, they got lucky vs. the 49ers, but honestly every team that wins the Super Bowl gets some luck along the way. They definitely were the better team on Super Bowl Sunday.

I don't like admitting that the Giants are legit, but the truth of the matter is that they are.

I don't get the talk of anything changing in Dallas. They lost four of the last five to miss the playoffs after putting themselves in a position to make the playoffs. By and large, that's what they did under Wade. Garrett deserves more than 1.5 years to prove himself, but I don't see any reason to say things are changing.

Given the amount of injuries that the Giants had last year, it's reasonable to assume that they have the potential to be as good this year. Two of their top 4 CBs were on IR before the season started, while their rookie first round pick missed most of it. Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck were far from 100% for most of the season. Will Beatty injured his eye. David Baas missed several games. They had injuries to the interior d-line. Jonathan Goff and Clint Sintim never played a snap...and what have they lost, Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs?

Oh yeah, speaking of which, Manningham signed with the 49ers.

I don't know what you're talking about. They whooped the Cowboys and Falcons in two do or die games. They really beat down the Packers in Green Bay (that game was not as close as the score suggested). Sure, they got lucky vs. the 49ers, but honestly every team that wins the Super Bowl gets some luck along the way. They definitely were the better team on Super Bowl Sunday.

And also laid an egg in Washington in the middle of do-or-die territory. Clearly they were better than the Pats in the SB.

I don't like admitting that the Giants are legit, but the truth of the matter is that they are.

I don't get the talk of anything changing in Dallas. They lost four of the last five to miss the playoffs after putting themselves in a position to make the playoffs. By and large, that's what they did under Wade. Garrett deserves more than 1.5 years to prove himself, but I don't see any reason to say things are changing.

Same personnel from Wade, no off season. The secondary has been suspect for the last two years, Dallas allowed the 6th most sacks in the league IIRC(even with all the scrambling), and losing Demarco Murray was key.

Given the amount of injuries that the Giants had last year, it's reasonable to assume that they have the potential to be as good this year. Two of their top 4 CBs were on IR before the season started, while their rookie first round pick missed most of it. Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck were far from 100% for most of the season. Will Beatty injured his eye. David Baas missed several games. They had injuries to the interior d-line. Jonathan Goff and Clint Sintim never played a snap...and what have they lost, Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs?

Oh yeah, speaking of which, Manningham signed with the 49ers.

Injuries happen every year to every team. They got healthy at the end though when everyone else was banged up. I'm not discounting the SB win from last year, I'm just saying the don't really scare me this year. Division games are tough regardless, but the Eagles have some serious speed and talent if they can gel.

Obviously injuries happen every year. Some years, they happen more than on average. That was absolutely last year. They're just lucky they never had injuries to Manning or Cruz. I'm not saying you need to be 'scared' of the Giants next year, I'm just saying that there's a pretty damn good argument that they can be better next year by being more consistent. The Giants had to gel too. Through free agency, cuts, and injuries, they had to restructure their offensive and defensive lines, their secondary, and their linebacking group in very significant ways. Eli played better than ever last year and seems to have finally turned the corner to become a true franchise quarterback, which he never really quite was before. I would say that Giants fans have plenty of reasons to be confident for next year, and Cowboys fans have plenty of reasons to be wary of the Giants. Whether or not they choose to be is irrelevant, but really, the NFC East should be quite a tough division next year, with every single team improving in significant ways with, from what I can tell, really marginal losses.

It's kind of annoying that the East cannibalizes itself year after year, when other divisions seem content to battle for "least worst" year after year.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Matt Flynn has agreed to terms witj Seattle on a 3-yr contract worth up to $26M w/$10M guaranteed.

edit: The 49'ers would own with Peyton. Goddamn I'd be happy!
edit2: Just think about Manning throwing to Manningham, Moss, Crabtree, and VD

Yeah...really do not want Manning going to San Francisco. Even though the West is slowly getting better. The Rams have made some very solid moves so far, signing Chris Wells, Kendall Langford, and Cortland Finnegan. If they can get Bradford some more receivers (possibly Justin Blackmon with the #6 pick), they could be interesting. Flynn is probably an upgrade over the ass quarterbacks the Seahawks have, although it's unlikely that he turns them into instant competitors. He could also be a total bust, of course. The Cardinals are still stuck with Kolb, but they have gotten better elsewhere.

I'm hoping he goes to Denver.

PS Brandon Lloyd to the Patriots. And the Lions re-sgned LT Jeff Backus.

Lloyd and A.Gonzalez. A-Gon was a former 1st round pick (Colts) but has had some injury probs. Lloyd has me very excited and signed for basically a bargain price. He has always wanted NE and has had close ties with (o.c.) J. Mcdaniels for whatever reason.

other notables- Pats signed DL Jonathan Fanene (bengals) and DL Trevor Scott (raiders). Versatil solid players who could benefit from the change of scenery / better organization. The same was said last year about Ocho-sucko as well.:erk:

He isn't going to sign with the Broncos. They have nothing to offer him there. My money is on the Dolphins and the Cardinals as a last resort.

Offensive line. Running Attack. Defense.

You were saying?

I don't know man, Denver's defense was shit for a really long time last season and then caught fire towards the end, only to be absolutely ass raped by Brady. That and their receivers are really inexperienced and borderline mediocre. Miami and Arizona are much better teams in my opinion.

Not only were Miami and AZ the first two teams out of the running but:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/barring-snag-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say

:lol::lol::lol:

Years of following Peyton provided little predictive powers. You should learn your boy better :p

Good call by Manning. The Broncos were 24th in points scored- mostly because their quarterback sucks- and still managed to get to the divisional round. If Manning is healthy, Denver will be an elite team.

And Tebow was one of the worst QBs in the league last year. 46% completion percentage and 72 QBR? Miami or Jacksonville might trade for him to raise ticket sales for a year or two (and make life hell for a lame duck coach), but no one will sign him as a QB of the future.

The Patriots just signed Donte Stallworth (do the Patriots care about wide receivers again?), Daniel Fells, and Robert Gallery.

The Bengals re-signed Reggie Nelson at safety to go along with new CB Jason Allen, probably to play nickel, unless they plan on moving Nate Clements to nickel.

The Eagles signed some tackles, Mike Gibson and Steve Vallos. Neither of these guys are starters, so I guess these were depth moves.

The Chargers added Mike Tolbert, despite already having three quality running backs, plus Cam Newton...not really sure what the point of this one is.

The Jets signed LaRon Landy...they were better off trying to get Dwight Lowery back...

Something that I randomly stumbled on today while looking up something else: according to Pro Football Focus, Ike Taylor had the second best completion percentage against last year (41.7%, vs. Darrelle Revis' 41.2%) and the 4th best quarterback rating against (54.8; while Revis was best with as 45.6, 2nd place was Asante Samuel with a 52.4, only a 2.4 point difference, and he often played the nickel).

The thing about the Denver signing is that Peyton has no receivers since the Broncos decide like the Chargers to just trade away every offensive weapon they have, I really don't get the move.

The Jets signed LaRon Landy...they were better off trying to get Dwight Lowery back...

Whats wrong with Landry?

and I wanted to ask you about a couple of DBS on your Steelers if you don't mind. Basically, what do you think of these three young players? (Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, Curtis Brown & Antonio Smith)