NFL 2012

According to Steelers Depot, the Steelers have about a $500K carryover from last year, and adding in the $1.6M cap relief they get thanks to the Redskins and Cowboys, that gives the Steelers about $8M to play with. It will be interesting to see how they use that. I definitely anticipate them retaining Cotchery at the very least given that, even if they have to pay him a bit more than they desire.

And Eddie Royal lands in San Francisco. Royal, Moss, and Michael Crabtree is not too shabby. Not elite, but certainly an upgrade.

God damnit. I knew it was San Diego, but after I typed San Francisco, my mind thought San Francisco. :lol: Well, then it's Robert Meachem, Eddie Royal, and Malcolm Floyd I believe. Mario Manningham was in SF today without signing a contract, and is headed to St. Louis.

So apparently the 49ers are the third team in the running for Manning. He worked out for them on tuesday and had a physical on wednesday. Manning has already informed the Cardinals and Dolphins that he will not be playing for them.

Tom Zbikowski signs with the Colts, and John Adraham re-signs with the Falcons on a 3 year deal. The Raiders released Kamerion Wimbley. Matt Birk, as long expected, re-signed with the Ravens. Surprisingly a 3 year deal, although that might be for cap issues. If they draft Peter Konz, this is definitely his last year, I would think.

Haruki Nakamura signs with the Panthers, Levi Brown re-signs with the Cardinals, Kevin Boss signs with the Chiefs, Cedric Griffin signs with the Redskins. The Browns sign Juqua Parker, likely completing their defensive line rotation.

The Ravens have now lost 5 players, including 3 starters, the other two being key contributors as reserves/special teamers: starting guard Ben Grubbs, starting LB Jarret Johnson, starting DL Cory Redding, and backup safeties/special teams aces Tom Zbikowski and Haruki Nakamura, both of whom have starting experience. They could also soon lose starting LB Jameel McClain, as he's in Denver right now.

The Eagles extend G Evan Mathis. Pretty happy with how the Eagles offseason is going so far. All eleven starters are coming back on offense. This season needs to be more about gelling than about adding new players. I would like to see them extend McCoy and maybe even Maclin. Lock up the core of this offense and let them develop together.

Really, the only position in need of major upgrades is the LB, but the 4-3 LB is moving very slowly. I think the players (i.e. Tulloch) are asking for way more money tha. They are worth. Wait a little while longer and the players will crack as they realize they overestimated their value.

I'm not going to lie, as a Cowboys fan I am much more concerned with matching up against the Eagles in 2012 than the Giants/Redskins. They really do just need to gel.

Can't count on Vick getting hurt/locker room drama again.

Peyton will land in Tenn. He is god-like there...it all began there for him as a college player at U. Tenn of course. Titans signing all-pro guard Steve Hutchinson could be a precursor to this.

Yep.
He is going where he'll be comfy, the guy running the show etc. As mentioned, Dungy who knows the player as well as anyone, said he won't necessarily go to the team that gives him the best chance to win a title.

I'm hoping he goes to Denver.

PS Brandon Lloyd to the Patriots. And the Lions re-sgned LT Jeff Backus.

I'm not going to lie, as a Cowboys fan I am much more concerned with matching up against the Eagles in 2012 than the Giants/Redskins. They really do just need to gel.

Can't count on Vick getting hurt/locker room drama again.

I don't see how you can discount the Giants. They may not be the most talented team in football, but their strengths lie in the right areas: quarterback, wide receiver and defensive line.

I do think the Eagles are the most talented team in the NFC East, but if Vick doesn't play smarter (and really, if he stops taking stupid hits and turning the ball over he'll be fine) that won't matter.