NFL 2012

I'm not on the Joe Flacco bandwagon yet. I never thought he was horrible, but all this hype is due to a staunch defense and Denver failing to cover the end zone on a hail mary.

I'm not on the Joe Flacco bandwagon yet. I never thought he was horrible, but all this hype is due to a staunch defense and Denver failing to cover the end zone on a hail mary.

Uhhh no. He already had two excellent touchdown passes earlier in the game. Flacco would have already had done enough to win that game for the Ravens if the #1 special teams unit in the league hadn't given up two TDs.

A QB who is a threat to get you a TD on any given play is an extreme value, and right now Flacco has one of, if not the best, deep ball in the NFL. And beyond that, even if you think there's too much hype on Flacco, you tell me where a team is gonna find a better QB this offseason either in draft, trade or free agency. It seems to me it's not even close, which means the Ravens need to give him what he wants. It's a matter of supply and demand.

On another note, Tom Brady should have gotten a red card for studs-up slide:

6954788.jpg

Oh I agree he's the best upcoming FA QB by a long shot. What I'm saying is, the current version of Flacco sin't any better than last years. The W just came this year where it didn't last year, therefore altering perception.

Oh I agree he's the best upcoming FA QB by a long shot. What I'm saying is, the current version of Flacco sin't any better than last years. The W just came this year where it didn't last year, therefore altering perception.

Yeah I agree with you there. I mean they easily could have won that game last year and honestly Flacco played well enough in that game.

And as with any QB whose primary weapon is the deep ball, he's gonna be streaky. He's a little Donovan McNabbish, but without the whole choking in big games issue.

By the way, I'm just watching the trophy presentations now. What's up with the ceremony happening in the locker room. What about all those Raven fans who traveled to New England? Also, that trophy is so fucking ugly. Old ones were way classier.

If you read all that you have too much spare time.
Im still confused why patriots gave up on their up-tempo offense? They have been doing it all season and it worked pretty weill in the beginning of the game.

Is that Bradys call or the Coach?

(This is the first season I follow American Football)

It was both Bradys and OC Josh Mcdaniels call. Brady like some other elite QBs are basically coaches on the field and change things up periodically. The problem was early on the Pats were moving the ball with success but came out of that stretch with only a 3 point lead. They were also playing the field position battle by giving the Ravens poor starting field position. This is fine for the Pats but the game remained close when the Pats could've have been ahead by 10 maybe 13. When the Ravens survived the early part of that game and it remained close...I knew the Pats were in big trouble. The bottom line was the Ravens fed off that, were simply the hungrier team and wanted it more than the Pats. They went out and took the game!

Got a general question coming up:

When it comes to counting a QB's total passing yardage during a season, is the negative yards gained through sacks subtracted from the positive yards gained through complete passes? For example:

Game one of the season: The QB throws a total of 100 yards during the game and gains no negative yards.

Game two of the season: The QB gains a total of 50 negative yards and no positive yards.

Does this mean his total season yards so far is 50? Or is it still 100 since you don't subtract the negative yards from the positive?