NFL 2013

Not sure if to put this in Gamers Thread or here, so don't kill me if I'm wrong:

I just bought NFL 13 and I'm going to create a QB for use in Connected Careers. Now, should I go high draft or low? Are the season goals really hard if I go high draft? I understand you get little play time if you go low draft, but I don't want to face impossible challenges either. I'll be playing on the Pro difficulty btw.

Some people get butthurt about talking Madden in the football thread, there is a madden thread you can bump. I think me and Jimmy are the only players around these parts though.

I haven't really tried doing a player in career mode but one time. Wasn't a big fan of that, I prefer Coach. I like full control of the team. I also did a running back, so it's a little easier.

Depends on how well NFL defenses adjust to the read option and how well he improves in the pocket going forward. I think the team is good enough that it would be hard for him to not be decent. All the different threats and a solid line take a lot of the pressure off, not to mention the solid defense to bail you out of potential mistakes.

I think this past year has maybe finally killed the "Madden Curse". M13 had Calvin Johnson on the cover and Ray Lewis as sort of a spokesman. Johnson had a record year and Lewis got his 2nd SB ring. Wonder who will make the cover, and will there be sabotage like Packers fans trying to keep Rodgers off the cover?

I think this past year has maybe finally killed the "Madden Curse". M13 had Calvin Johnson on the cover and Ray Lewis as sort of a spokesman. Johnson had a record year and Lewis got his 2nd SB ring. Wonder who will make the cover, and will there be sabotage like Packers fans trying to keep Rodgers off the cover?

Madden curse was never a curse to begin with. To get on the cover, you obviously have to play at least 14 games, avoid serious injury and have a career year. It's hard enough to avoid injury in back to back seasons, let alone top a career year one year later, when teams are looking out for you more than ever. But superstitious people will find curses and jinxes anywhere.

As for Kaepernick, he's got a hell of a skillset. Really hard to see him not being a star. Really excellent O-line and HC/OC as well, so he's definitely set up to succeed.

Yes he is. Look, the Giants need help at Line-backer. I can see them signing him to a 2-3 year deal while they draft LBERS. If they over pay it would be worth it. Like Ray Lewis, he's a smart, instinctive player who can coach up a fairly young team on the field.

Yup, they're finally cutting the fat. They cut Boley as well. Umenyiora will be gone, Kenny Phillps & David Deihl gone. I want Tuck, Baas and Webster gone as well, but I don;t see them going that far.

Noooooo! The Eagles restructured with Vick. He now has a one year contract (obviously at a much lower number than 15.5 mil) with the team. I hate that he will be on the Eagles for one more year, but still honestly feel that he will lose out to Foles or someone else in training camp. If he's the backup, I can live with it but still won't like it. If he's starting I would be irate. The guy is old, injury prone and so unbelievably stupid. I just hate him.

Eagles hired Billy Davis as their new DC. Doesn't have a very impressive resume, but I do like that he runs the 43/34 hybrid. It's such a fun defense to watch and can really confuse the hell out of offenses when run correctly. It will probably take at least two seasons to get all the proper players in place. Eagles really need a nose tackle and OLBs, not to mention the help they already needed in the secondary.

A fun defense to watch is one that gets turnovers,sacks, and forces punts. Dallas hasn't had a fun defense since Wade left (not that he should have stayed a HC).

A fun defense to watch is one that gets turnovers,sacks, and forces punts. Dallas hasn't had a fun defense since Wade left (not that he should have stayed a HC).

That's stating the obvious. #1 key to having a fun defense is having a good defense. However, if we're picking between good defenses, I always prefer ones that create a lot of confusion i.e. Jim Johnson and Dick LeBeau's defenses.

I also believe that with offenses becoming so complex, rules favoring the offense and QBs becoming so intelligent at reading defenses, having a complex, confusing defense is becoming a major benefit.

Edit: OK so Kelly said in his press conference that Foles and Vick will compete in training camp for the starting job. That makes me feel a lot better.

That's stating the obvious. #1 key to having a fun defense is having a good defense. However, if we're picking between good defenses, I always prefer ones that create a lot of confusion i.e. Jim Johnson and Dick LeBeau's defenses.

I also believe that with offenses becoming so complex, rules favoring the offense and QBs becoming so intelligent at reading defenses, having a complex, confusing defense is becoming a major benefit.

I think Rob Ryan demonstrated the problems with "complex" defenses. I think simple but disguised is better. You could call a fairly vanilla defensive game but keep activating a random "times square" pre-snap formation at particular times, etc.

Edit: OK so Kelly said in his press conference that Foles and Vick will compete in training camp for the starting job. That makes me feel a lot better.

I don't know why you wouldn't have expected this.