NFL 2013

so now the highest paid player means every loss is on them? i guess revis is the reason tamps bay won shit this year

It's not a difficult concept: you should play to the level of your salary, especially on your 2nd or 3rd contract. If you're paid as if you're a top tier CB and you don't perform to that level then either A. You are underachieving or B. Your coaches are misusing you. From what I saw of Tampa this year it seemed like a bit of both. But yes, because of his salary he is held to a higher standard and bears more responsiblity for the team.

And obviously the same is true with Manning. He is the most important player on the Broncos. That's just a fact. He was awful last night and bears a great deal of the responsibility for the loss. Is the only one? Of course not! But he's probably #1 on the list.

And look back at his career. He just hasn't played well in enough big games and save the last few years in Indy he's always had stacked rosters at the skill positions. The o-lines have been more up and down, but overall they've been good enough.

Mdmatt, you just dont understand the concept of how to judge great players. Its looking at individual performances yes in a team sport over a good period of time in big games. Its very simple to see Peytons track record(s) be it good or bad. Lastnite he again was bad. Stop with the SB titles won...its kind of pointless here. Yes Jon stockton was a great player and no Trent Dilfer winning SB QB is clearly not a great player.

you clearly don't know how to judge great players.it funny last night brett favre and several other former players were saying before the game that peyton manning has already cemented his great legacy even if he never made it to a single superbowl and here you are being a good old keyboard quarterback.

you clearly don't know how to judge great players.it funny last night brett favre and several other former players were saying before the game that peyton manning has already cemented his great legacy even if he never made it to a single superbowl and here you are being a good old keyboard quarterback.

Yeah, cemented his great legacy of bad performances in big games lol. Favre probably didnt know if lastnite was the Superbowl or the Bud Bowl. All these QBs say the same thing...its part of the so called QB club. No bad mouthing our kind right?

Peytons legacy wouldve taken a hit no matter lastnite. He couldve played well and they probably lose no matter. Few years from now bashers wouldnt have recognized his good performance, they'd just be stating he sucked lost another big game and SB again. That would be unfair. At the same time supporters and fans five years from now will say how great Seattle was how bad Denvers D- was Peyton had no support yadda yadda and fail fo realize just how bad Peytons own performance actually was.

I'm dead serious. He's a great dude/bro. Sherman said it best on twitter "Peyton is the Classiest person/player I have ever met! I could learn so much from him! Thank you for being a great Competitor and person"

Yeah, you're right, but I can't help but feel pure authenticity from Peyton and respect for the game and spirit of all the players.

Pretty much true.

Real easy to complete passes to a guy at the line of scrimmage.

A Super Bowl he won against the only QB with a worse performance than his own the other night in the last ten years+.

You're like the Tony Romo of armchair QB's. Shaddup.

CowboysFumble.gif

Better than being the Tony Romo of analogies. Not even trying to disprove me I see. How about these little tidbits:

Peyton Manning's 24.4 Total QBR was his lowest in a game this season, and the worst in the Super Bowl since Rex Grossman in 2006 (7.1)

Including the postseason, the Broncos lead the NFL in receiving yards and touchdowns on screen passes, while averaging 8.3 yards per catch on such plays (3rd in NFL). Demaryius Thomas averaged 14.6 yards per catch on screen passes (best among WR - min. 5 rec)

Better than being the Tony Romo of analogies. Not even trying to disprove me I see. How about these little tidbits:

you can find any stat. did you know the new york jets this year were in top 5 in red zone efficiency on offense. problem is they rarely made it to the red zone. like i said you can show me anything and i can find something just as crazy.

You're talking about the problem of isolating stats. Statistics tell us stories, and if you pull an isolated statistic, of course you won't get the whole story. Like how Eli and Peytons best years benefitted significantly from YAC. Just quoting a PY stat without including things like YAC, YPA, etc doesn't tell the whole story.

It's not like I go around saying Romo is anywhere near GOAT, and I regularly bash Jerrah and other Cowboys organizational shenanigans.