NFL 2013

35jdyxs.jpg

manning has been in the league 15 seasons. been to the playoffs 13 of those seasons. been to 3 super bowls.

drew brees has been in the league 13 seasons. been to the playoffs only 6 of those seasons. been to 1 super bowl.

looking at that and using everyones formula about greatness drew brees is one sorry ass bitch if he can't even get his team to the playoffs on a regular basis. :guh:

manning has been in the league 15 seasons. been to the playoffs 13 of those seasons. been to 3 super bowls.

drew brees has been in the league 13 seasons. been to the playoffs only 6 of those seasons. been to 1 super bowl.

looking at that and using everyones formula about greatness drew brees is one sorry ass bitch if he can't even get his team to the playoffs on a regular basis. :guh:

There's no debating Peyton Manning is an all time great QB. Anyone who says he's not in the top 10 is an idiot. However, some people think he's THE greatest, period, end of discussion. I can see why, based on his regular season stats and how dominant he can be for extended periods of time, but in the biggest moments of his career, too often he's come up small. That matters in sports. It matters how you play vs. the best possible competition and Manning's record is what it is. Not only has he lost a lot of playoff games, but he's played poorly in many of those loses.

He's the Wilt Chamberlin of NFL QBs. Amazing stats, dominating regular seasons and just way too much underachievement in the playoffs. (Both guys also earned one title).

There's no debating Peyton Manning is an all time great QB. Anyone who says he's not in the top 10 is an idiot. However, some people think he's THE greatest, period, end of discussion. I can see why, based on his regular season stats and how dominant he can be for extended periods of time, but in the biggest moments of his career, too often he's come up small. That matters in sports. It matters how you play vs. the best possible competition and Manning's record is what it is. Not only has he lost a lot of playoff games, but he's played poorly in many of those loses.

He's the Wilt Chamberlin of NFL QBs. Amazing stats, dominating regular seasons and just way too much underachievement in the playoffs. (Both guys also earned one title).

athletes who never won a title:
john stockton
karl malone
steve nash
charles barkley
dan marino
allen iverson
dominique wilkins
patrick ewing
reggie miller
tony gonzalez
brian urlacher
randy moss
larry fitzgerald
champ bailey
ladainian tomlinson

you see my point. sports are a TEAM game.

Please just stop lol! He is not in the BOAT discussion right now and lastnites performance didnt help his argument at all. People want to give him all the props and say he is one of the best, yet the team sport concept excuse only applies when Peytons teams fail. If you want to throw out the most completions in a SB game...go ahead. But its just the typical trying / reaching to deflect from a poor performance. Those comps were when the big game really didnt matter... we've seen this his whole career. When the game really mattered (early on) Peyton was clearly a mess. If you want to say how great a player supposably is in any team sport, then you sure must admit to his poor performances as well.

Crimson summed it up correctly.

Please just stop lol! He is not in the BOAT discussion right now and lastnites performance didnt help his argument at all. People want to give him all the props and say he is one of the best, yet the team sport concept excuse only applies when Peytons teams fail. Crimson aummed it up perfectly. If you want to throw out the most completions in a SB game...go ahead. But ots typical trying to deflect from a poor performance. Those comps were when the big game really didnt matter...we've seen this his whole career. When the game really mattered (early on) Peyton was clearly a mess.

so john stockton can't be in the discussion for greatest point guard in nba history because he never won a title? he has more assists than any other point guard in nba history and 2nd only to magic johnson career assist per game average.

what about karl malone? 2nd all time leading scorer in nba history. i guess he can't be mentioned in a conversation about the greatest power forwards of all time because he never won anything. funny enough stockton and malone played together on the jazz almost their entire careers and yet never could win a title.

i can look at stats and see how well someone is playing their position. i don't need to see titles or meaningless all star/pro bowl games. trent dilfer won a super bowl. dan marino did not. that says it all right there

you see my point. sports are a TEAM game.

What an empty truism. Look at Manning's salary. He is the highest paid player and therefore holds more responsibility for the results than anyone else on his teams. Also, like I said, even abstracting from the W/L records, his performances in the playoffs just haven't been stellar. Even in the Super Bowl he won he was far from great.

What an empty truism. Look at Manning's salary. He is the highest paid player and therefore holds more responsibility for the results than anyone else on his teams. Also, like I said, even abstracting from the W/L records, his performances in the playoffs just haven't been stellar. Even in the Super Bowl he won he was far from great.

so now the highest paid player means every loss is on them? i guess revis is the reason tamps bay won shit this year

A Super Bowl he won against the only QB with a worse performance than his own the other night in the last ten years+.

i hate to break it to you guys but guess what?

2 interesting facts
Only four quarterbacks prior to Manning last night — Tom Brady (2007), Rich Gannon (2002), Kurt Warner (2001) and Dan Marino (1984) — have played in a Super Bowl in the season in which they won the passing yards title, with none of the four winning the game. Now Manning makes 5.

Only four teams have won the Super Bowl when ranked outside the top 20 in defense since the late 90's: the 2001 Patriots (24th), the 2006 Colts (21st), the 2009 Saints (25th) and the 2011 Giants (27th)The Broncos were ranked outside the top 20 in total defense this year.

Mdmatt, you just dont understand the concept of how to judge great players. Its looking at individual performances yes in a team sport over a good period of time in big games. Its very simple to see Peytons track record(s) be it good or bad. Lastnite he again was bad. Stop with the SB titles won...its kind of pointless here. Yes Jon stockton was a great player and no Trent Dilfer winning SB QB is clearly not a great player.